Anyway, after breakfast I sent him in to clean up. And truthfully it wasn't really that messy. There were toys and clothes all over the floor, but we have a very nice organization system for things like that. Lots of drawers where all and toys may go, places for stuffed animals and then a dirty laundry basket for clothes.
By lunchtime he was still in his room. He'd come out to bring me a laundry basket full of clothes. I let him take a break for lunch and then sent him back in.

Look at him! Working hard, right? What's he doing here, maybe making his bed? Or folding something?

OK, maybe not. Looks like he got out toys that haven't seen the light of day for quite a while.
He never plays like this by himself. Never. Unless I tell him to go get dressed or clean his room.

He was so focused he didn't even notice me taking pictures.

Until then.
See how messy his room is? But see all the drawers? They're just calling to have toys dumped in.
The funny thing is that most of the toys out there on the floor actually weren't there when I sent him in to clean. He spent way way more time getting stuff out than putting it away.
He had his dance class in the afternoon at 3, so I gave him a little break for that. Then when he was back I sent him back into his room. He didn't even complain. It probably didn't hurt he was listening to Scripture Scouts. They kept him very entertained.
Anyway, Kris came home from work and Max was still "cleaning." He went in and gave him some nice verbal instructions and got it all taken care of by dinner time somehow.
It was just amazing how long it took. And actually it was a very nice peaceful day for me. I got some work done, I got to read a little in peace and basically it was just nice and low key, and he wasn't trouble for me all day. Weird, huh? I'm thinking I should do this more often. Maybe I'll start messing up his room myself.
Naw, he does a good enough job on his own, the little stinker.



4 comments:
I'll never forget the day I'd finally just had it and told you guys you had half an hour, and after that, everything that was still out was going in the DI bag. I came back, and all this stuff was still out, so I started picking up the things and putting them in this big black trash bag. I picked up Cam's black Breyer horse, hating to do it, and he cried out, "Not Licorice!!" But when I hard-heartedly put Licorice in the bag, he fell on the floor, sobbing. I felt like such a horrible person, but what was I going to do? So I hid all the stuff for a couple of weeks. You took me a little bit more seriously after that, so I could finally get Licorice back out again. But I know I'll remember that till the day I die, and when I stand before God, I know it's all he'll see. Poor Licorice. Poor Cammon.
This also reminds me of Cammon taking ALL DAY to do his math problems. Although it sounds like Max was a little more self absorbed than Cammon used to be.
sounds like you had a tolerable good day
Love to you
Dad
Kirsten does this. I kid you not, that girl is the biggest pig! Not only is her room a mess but it oozes out her door and down the hall. No matter how many things we give her to organize her room......doesn't matter and when I send her to her room she does this exact thing only she never ever gets it clean. I end up having to come in and tell her where each and every little thing goes.
i cant get isobel to clean her room by herself. It is usually me cleaning and her standing there.
Post a Comment