Wednesday, January 07, 2009

::yucky and slippy::

"Oh why does it have to be so yucky and slippy?" Max wondered this morning as we trepidatiously headed out to the car in the sleety icy rain.
20090107-20090107-IMG_8639.jpg
What is with this weather?
20090107-20090107-IMG_8640-1.jpg
I thought we'd left it all behind in Missouri. (No offense to those we love who we also had to leave behind in Missouri.)
20090107-20090107-IMG_8641.jpg
This is our little bamboo patch out by the driveway. It somehow manages to stay green even in the winter, even when coated in ice.
Luckily Kris caught a ride to work with Chad this morning so Max and I didn't have to walk to school. It wouldn't have been pleasant. It was bad enough to drive.
20090107-20090107-IMG_8645.jpg
But somehow we made it there and back.
20090107-20090107-IMG_8649.jpg
And that's what matters.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That is a funky photo of you!

It is warmer here today but the last few days looked like your photo's although my roof still does.

Glad you made it there and back safely cuz you're right. That is all that matters.

K said...

It's just smoodgy and squishy here today - we went from thirteen inches of snow to about half that in the three hours of the afternoon. Winter. Ah, the price we pay for spring. Always be safe, please. You're what matters.

Kathy said...

I certainly don't envy you with the ice storms. But then again I don't envy me with 2 feet of snow in my yard either. I just checked the forecast for Phoenix where we are going tomorrow and it is going to be 70 and sunny for the next 4 days. I can hardly wait. We will be sure to soak up all that sun for you too.

Be safe out there and thanks again for all your work today. Kisses to Max.

Amanda D said...

That is exactly what matters. You look great in the hat!