Friday, January 02, 2009

::santa is awesome::

Why is Santa so awesome? Because he brought us this:
20081229-IMG_8629.jpg
No, not the cute yet belligerent little boy, the digital piano!
And although it's a bottom of the line version we are only slightly (read extremely) worried that Max turning the power button off and on ten thousand times will cause it to short out and quit working.

But despite that we are so excited to have it. It's fun to have music in the house. It's fun to practice even though neither Kris nor I are very good. There's a lot of need in church for people to fill in playing hymns and such though, so hopefully we can get our hymn and primary song skills up to speed. And hopefully Kris will be able to get some accompaniments learned so we can do some instrumental stuff in sacrament meeting. And hopefully Max will learn to play something besides hot cross buns!
Whew. Lots of hopes. We'll have to also do some work to go along with the hope I guess. We'll keep you posted.
20081229-IMG_8631.jpg
But it's really true. Santa is awesome. And as we said to Max on the morning of the 26th, yes, it's really too bad he doesn't come every night.

11 comments:

K said...

No. If he came every night - oh, goodness, I hardly have room in my house to breathe as it is. Once a year is pretty enough. But what a swell piano. I wonder if Max remembers the first one?

K said...

Posted twice. That was weird.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous.

carie said...

hey, santa brought us a keyboard. It is 10 years old, used and design for the urban techno DJ, but it's still cool.

Megan said...

We love our digital piano. At least you can turn down the volume on hot cross buns.

Tiffany said...

How fun!! Will Max take lessons ya think?

Ginna said...

Megan,
that is TOTALLY one of the things I love about this piano. Turning it down and being able to use headphones is just wonderful. And it doesn't go out of tune.

Tiff--hopefully he'll take lessons if we can find somebody that won't clean out our savings acct to do it. We're keeping an eye out. He'd love to learn.

Katie Gee said...

I'm jealous too!

Laura said...

Sweet! We're digital too. I wish it were grand, but digital works really well - it's definitely a plus that it never goes out of tune too.
The different play-styles are sometimes fun too. Organ, harpsichord, "choir"...
sometimes.
Congratulations!

Kelly said...

I think I got a little sampling of Hot Cross Buns yesterday when I was cleaning up after Primary. Thanks, Max!

Rachel said...

Yay for Santa. You'll love having a piano in your home. I have five kids taking lessons and I have to say that every day I love hearing them practice and play. I love hearing the piano and never tire of it.