Monday, January 12, 2009

::twisty::

20090112-IMG_8797.jpg
Kris had a brilliant idea tonight. He thought we should go and buy Twister for Family Home Evening. We did and it was a blast.
20090112-IMG_8794.jpg
Max was so excited about the game. He could hardly wait to start playing.
20090112-IMG_8800.jpg
He kept saying "Wow, this is a hard game!" as he was doing splits and sliding around the game board.
20090112-IMG_8799.jpg

20090112-IMG_8795.jpg

20090112-IMG_8801.jpg

20090112-IMG_8802.jpg

20090112-IMG_8805.jpg
It WAS a hard game! We all had fun, and we all got tired.
At the end Max was the spinner guy so Kris and I could play. He did a great job. It's definitely fun that he can read--it makes him more functional somehow.
20090112-IMG_8806.jpg
(I beat Kris, by the way. He tried to cheat and knock me over, but it didn't work)

9 comments:

kris said...

1. it was a great idea to get twister
2. Ginna only "beat" me because when she fell over, she landed on me, making me hit the mat first.
3. I demand a rematch.

K said...

Yeah, the first time I played this game was when I was in high school in New York. We played it at sleep-overs, especially ward ones - Pat Stoddard and Caroline Nibley and Katherine Stadelbauer and Chris Williams and Janet Jex and Loraine Nyahey and Alexis Pond ( the fact that I can remember all these names? Very heartening). Oh, and Sharon Dawson. And Kristen DeKuiper. New York, where your friends' names are really, really interesting. So my family owned it, too. So we are connecting here, big time. My grandkid - playing my game . . .

Beth said...

Well, I'm officially following this blog now. I hope it's okay. I just can't stay away from anyone that takes such wonderful photography.
Keep up the good work. Me likey the eye candy!

Rachel said...

Brian always cheats too! It is a good thing that we are so secure with ourselves and are okay with boosting our husband's self esteem by letting them think they win isn't it?

Tiffany said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to remember that when Nate's a bit older!! I love the pics of Max--his cute belly hanging out is so cute. (don't tell him I said that!) ha

Marilyn said...

Twister! It's been years. I bet my boys would love it too. Good idea, Kris!

By the way Ginna (it seemed easiest to answer this here)---I didn't know what piano books to use either, but 3 good pianists recommended the ones I ended up getting. They're called "Piano Adventures" by Faber and Faber. (There are some called "My first piano adventures," but they seemed too young for Abe--and with Max reading, etc. I'm guessing they'd be too young for him too.) You can get all different kinds of books (theory, etc.) but we just got the lesson book and the performance book on the first (primer) level. They're really fun--and easy to teach from, so far. Abe's been able to learn a new song nearly every day because they're pretty simple, so that keeps him interested, but they are not SO easy that it's boring---I still have to sit down with him and help him practice the right way, usually. And they are cute little songs to play, with duet parts for you to do with him---which I remember loving when I was little; it makes you sound so much better. Anyway, I recommend them, from what I've seen so far. Like I said, we haven't been doing it very long yet, but I think we'll continue with the series when we finish this book.

Megan said...

I was officially the worst at this game as a child. My trouble was remembering which was my right hand and which was my left. Do you remember the Suzuki group classes when we'd play Twister with notes? Then I'd really cry because I didn't know right or left or the notes. I was so dumb...

Amanda D said...

How fun! Great picture of your husband too.

Kathy said...

Yes I do love all the pictures too. It is a fun game and I remember playing it in FHE when I was young and as a parent. That right hand left hand thing was always hard. Especially when you are all twisted.

Glad you are having fun. I liked Max's cute little belly too.