Monday, January 19, 2009

::chess::

It's pretty hilarious to watch a four (almost five) year old try his hardest to learn to play chess.
20090117-20090117-IMG_8822.jpg
Especially on a kind of weird chessboard we got from Mexico. We really like it but you can't tell what any of the pieces are supposed to be.
20090117-20090117-IMG_8825.jpg
There's a chess board at the library that Max has seen a few times and was very interested in. So he roped Kris into teaching him how to play. So far so good. I think he's got the pawn's moves figured out. It might be the perfect thing to keep a guy like Max busy and occupied. Now if only I could remember how to play...
20090117-20090117-IMG_8821.jpg

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Is Max really only 4? I can't believe it, he seems so much older (and so smart!). I can't believe all the things that smart boy knows and does! Chess? Wow! I'm with you, _I_ still haven't mastered the rules of that. Sheesh.

K said...

I'll teach you when you get here. What I want to know is, how did you light these shots? Stunning. You have managed to suggest fire light, and the use of the quilt on the table, together with that lighting, has produced a stunning sense of cozy warmth and Americana. You just amaze me.

How long did this hold his interest?

Amanda D said...

I've never learned to play chess, so I can't help you. I'm very impressed that your 4 year old can play it though!

Rachel said...

I for one can't stand playing chess. Drives me nuts. All the men/boy folk here in this household play it. Well.....the older ones..the two younger ones play with the pieces. :D