Nonetheless, since most people checking this are close friends and family, here is is.
First, the highlights of 2008 for us. It was not an easy year. In fact, we experienced a lot of changes. It was fun though, and here are some pictures to prove it.
To kick it off, my favorite car ever hit the 100,000 mark and I captured it on my phone. May it live to drive another 100k!

Ginna's birthday is the end of January, Max helped me make a cake.

We got accepted to our top choice of residency programs and took a trip to Providence to scout it out. We sang our first karaoke duet. Cute wife, huh.

I took and passed the western board exam. This is old news, but it means we can move back west and I can get a job. Ginna was my assistant and she was awesome.

For the entire year we owned two Land Rovers. A his and hers really. Max liked Ginna's almost as much as he liked mine.

We both graduated. There were times we wondered if it would ever happen.

In June we moved to Rhode Island. I drove the Penske and Ginna followed me in the car stuffed with all the stuff we didn't want to crush in the back of the box truck.

I got to take what has almost become an annual trip to Moab. I hope I can get one in this year.

During our time in Utah this past summer we got to spend time with our families. It was great to see Murphy before he went on his mission. The fact that Ginna could be there with him before he left was a definite highlight of the year. We're proud of him and Max loves him and talks about him all the time.

I always wanted to live in New York, at least for a little while. During July I trained in Brooklyn and Ginna and Max came with me for part of it. I learned that New York is a very exciting place but I was surprised by how excited I was to leave the city on the weekends. Here we are in Central Park.

Money I wish I could get back: $50 it cost for Max and me to get our hair cut at the barber next to our new place in Providence. The styling was included.

Max started his at his new school. He loves it. He's also cute.

Max and I found the biggest, most awesome halloween pumpkin ever. Unfortunately it got stolen from our porch after about 1 week, just before we were going to carve it. Max thinks it wandered off and got lost.

Turns out, autumn in Rhode Island is beautiful.

On a sad note, Ginna's land rover got totaled this fall. It wasn't her fault and we were really blessed that she and Max were both safe, as was the woman who ran the light and hit them. Ginna got me a cool tire cover for it. I used it to pretend I was driving on a safari on my way to the hospital.

Good news again: we got a great new car. And Max loves that his bike can fit on the rack.

Max learned to ride his bike all by himself. That means no training wheels, no help starting, nothing. We practice at the cemetery. It brings up a lot of strange questions.

Remember my favorite car that hit 100K in January? It found a safe--but temporary--home in HIghland, helping keep my parents drive through all that snow.

We took my first "paid" vacation ever. We decided to go to Disney World. Fun? Of course.

So, we're looking forward to another year. But what are we going to do?
Resolutions for 2009.
God: continue progress we've made with our family scripture reading and improve the individual.
Family: More adventures, more dates--sorry Max
Personal: I've got to learn more spanish. I've been working on this, but I haven't been taking advantage of the opportunities I have to practice at the hospital.
Health: I think I'm too busy to worry about this more than I already am. I'd like to lift more, but I'm ok to just eat healthy (which we're doing great with) and continue my bicycle commute.
Work: Study literature more. It's time to get beyond the abstracts.
General: This year we need to figure out where we want to move when we're done with all of this training. We still don't know, but this is the year to figure it out. We're open to suggestions.
I'm sure Ginna will keep everyone thoroughly updated with our doings this year. Stay tuned.



9 comments:
yay for 2008! I loved this Kris, thanks.
Great way to show off a whole year. It was busy for you! May I suggest the pacific northwest for your next move? Oregon is mighty nice. :)
Very nice post Kris except that last little bit. You really shouldn't make your readers think you are open to suggestions when the decision has alredy been made as to where you are moving.
The natives are looking forward to you starting out here. When can we make our first appt.?????
I liked your post Kris. You had a busy and great year. I'm sure that this year will be less eventful but also fun. I like the idea of Oregon, Boise or maybe Phoenix. I applied to work at Fender in Scottsdale but I'm pretty sure nothing will come of it. It was great to read your comments.
Kris
It was fun to relive the past year with you. It is always good to look back and see how far we've come.
Our love to you all
Guy
Cool. I wish you were coming back here. But life does what it will. Great over-view. It actually kind of made me cry a couple of times.
i was sad when our weekend road trip to IKEA didn't make your list, until I realized it was Kris writing this post. It was probably a weekend by himself that he would probably like to forget.
You guys should move to England.
What a great year you had! Holden has the same yellow sweatshirt as Max.
You certainly had a fun and exciting year. What will life be like when you aren't moving or worrying about any school stuff? It is a great time of life you are in right now. Lots of fun possibilities open before you. It was fun to relive your year with you and remember how blessed we all are by having you part of our lives. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment