Thursday, April 02, 2015

::spring break 2015::

It's Spring break!  Spring break is nice because I don't have to haul everybody around to school, dropping off and picking up all day.  BUT kids also just really want to have fun all week, and that's tough sometimes when there's still all the regular stuff to do.

Untitled

But I did my best this week, along with the regular work.

Tuesday was a very exciting day for Max.  He had earned a rather sizeable amount of money from a few different sources (poop pick up, office work, learning Ring of Fire on guitar.) and he decided what he really wanted was a ipod nano 6th generation that could be worn as a watch.  He carefully picked out the one he wanted on ebay (they're not available new anymore) and waited with complete impatience for it to arrive.

On Tuesday we were going down to Albuquerque with Caryn and Emily to visit Barnes & Noble and the Disney Store and have lunch and stuff.  But before we could leave I had to run Max to the post office to pick up his ipod. (The guy had sent it with signature required and of course with the way our stupid mailbox works I had to go sign for it at the post office.)

It was the best thing ever when we finally got it.  He was very happy and proud.

Untitled\\

We had fun in ABQ too--despite what Sandy's face in the above photo is trying to say.  We found some great books and mostly just enjoyed the good company.

Untitled

Another day, later on in the week, Max saw the little car (HIS old car, probaby the best toy we've ever bought--the most used anyway) and realized that it would be perfect for Lucy.

It was perfect.  She couldn't have been more excited to ride in it.

Untitled

So Max pushed her around the house for a good long while.  At some point he put a speaker in the little back trunk area and they were jamming to tunes too.  She really liked it.  She loves attention from Max no matter what, but the car was so awesome to her.

Untitled

So I hurried and got some work done while they were busy.

Untitled

Sandy was busy being Doc McStuffins--If you haven't seen it, Doc McS is a cute little Disney Junior show about a girl who doctors broken toys.  Sandy found this Buzz Lightyear that had been sitting in the washroom waiting to be fixed for who knows how long.  He talked me in to fixing it and was so pleased and proud that Buzz finally worked!

Untitled

And he ate bananas too I guess.

Untitled

Eventually the little car ride morphed into a stroller ride.  This is also something that Lucy really likes--though I'm not really sure why.  Max pushes her around the house.  That's about all there is to it.  Oh, and sometimes they do chase Sandy, I guess that does add a little extra fun and excitement.

Untitled

Later that day we went to the movies and saw Cinderella.  It was beautiful!  But of course with the wiggly kids it was hard to concentrate.  Lucy did pretty well, and honestly so did Sandy with how long the movie was.  He lost patience at one point, but later said he loved the movie and wanted to go to it again.

Untitled

So there you go.  See, I'm a fun mom, right?

Untitled

3 comments:

K said...

Fun mom. You always hope so, don't you? I wasn't as fun as you. NOBODY would have had a Buzz like that one on my watch - $$$ which we never knew if we were going to have. Real jobs do have their strong points. Lucy in the car. MAX PUSHING her. Oh, my goodness. And I thought that was Emily. And i loved this whole thing. SO THERE!!

Unknown said...

You are a very fun mom. It's a lot of work entertaining and keeping the kids happy especially with big age differences like you have. The pictures tell the real story. Fun memories you have made.

K said...

Yeah - you know. I kept looking at that thing and remembering there was something personally aberrant about it - guess I'm a grandmother now, huh?