Sunday, April 05, 2015

::a little extra spring break::

I realized I missed a couple of important things when I did my spring break post!

First of all, one additional picture of Sandy with his banana and his fixed up Buzz Lightyear.  Do you see the bandaids on Buzz's knees?  They're Doc McStuffins bandaids.  I just thought it was so cute when he came and showed me the bandaged up toy.

Untitled

Max got a new bike!  Not only had he basically outgrown his current bike, but it was having some tire problems.  And since we did something else exciting that I will explain after this, he needed something to ride quite badly.  AND Sandy has finally decided that bike riding is fun and has been riding a lot on his bike with the training wheels down on the sports court.  So that's been a fun activity that the boys can do together.  They really like it when somebody comes down and throws tennis balls at them so they can dodge.  Murphy spent a good amount of time doing that when he and Laura visited, and it was very well appreciated.

Untitled

Awesome color scheme on the bike, right?  In this photo he's back behind the bike store trying it out.

And last but certainly not least, Kris and I have been talking about renting a bobcat and cleaning up a few areas for quite a while, and Kris finally bit the bullet and just did it.  First we wanted to work on a sledding track, but there was a big stump in the way that not even the baby Bobcat could handle, so that's a project for another day.  The other thing we wanted to make was a mountain bike trail around the yard.  I will take full credit for the awesomeness of this idea, but I'm sure it had occured to Kris at some point too.

I mean, there's not a ton that can be done in our deserty yard, but a mountain bike trail is definitely doable.  Especially because we have lots of hills and rocks.  And LOTS of dirt.

Untitled

So Kris spent the entire evening Thursday driving that little thing around and moving cacti out of the way.  The trail is dang cool, and all it needs now is lots of kids riding on it over and over.  Max is doing his best to take care of that.

Untitled

Want to come ride a loop with him?  Or if you'd rather you can just take a hike on your two feet instead of two wheels.  That's how Sandy does it.

Untitled

And last but not least, Kris found the old baby swing and hooked it up to the swingset.

Untitled

Lucy obviously thought it was the best thing ever.

Untitled

Let's do spring break again, shall we?

No comments: