She's spent lots of time in the stuffed animal bin, like all of the other friends, but the other day Max and Sandy were playing in Sand's room and Max found Jungle. They started pretending that she was a real baby.

They went and got one of Lucy's tiny onesies and dressed her in it. They found a little box and made a soft and snuggly bed. She got rides in Max's old stroller, all strapped in. She slept next to Sandy's bed in her little crib that night and many nights after.

I was instructed to watch her while Sandy was at school, and he would take her in the car and strap her in on the way to school. Sometimes I forgot to get her out of bed or I left her in the car and I always got in trouble.
Sometimes we had to be quiet because Jungle was napping. It was like she was a really real baby for a while there and it was adorable to see Sandy being so careful with her.

The pretend has mostly worn off now, and she's hanging out in Sandy's room again like a regular buddy, but she does still get some extra special treatment.
I love that little Sandy, and the cute Max that inspired the whole game. They're great boys.



No comments:
Post a Comment