
After the Canyon Road walk (and yes mom, we can totally take a walk there next time you come.) we headed home. Max was a little anxious to get to bed on time (for once in his life.) He had been using google maps and NORAD to track Santa all day, and knew the man was getting closer by the minute.
We ate some delicious clam chowder for dinner that Kathy made. Mmmm, it was good. We opened our Christmas Eve PJs. Max was thrilled that once I again I tracked down some big boy footy PJs. He said, "I didn't think they CAME in my size anymore!"
Then Sandy went to bed because he was wasted, and the rest of us went into the festive living room for scriptures and stories.
Best part was that Kris built the inaugural fire in our living room fireplace. It was so pretty and cozy. His mom was psyched for the fire!
So we had to take some photos in front of it.
Remember those ridiculous Max picture faces? Well brace yourself for more.....

It was dark in there so there are some funny shadows on people's faces...sorry!

This may not be Kathy's favorite picture, but it's so perfect--the exhausted adult trying to hand onto the CRAZY kid.
I have the exact same look on my face in this one.

And a few more just for good measure.

(Oh my GOODNESS can you believe that face?!)


We read our stories (some scriptures, some Tomie DePaola pop up book, some Little House on the Prairie Christmas.) And we sent that little insane boy to bed, where he proceeded to fall asleep pretty well really.
Then we grownups watched It's a Wonderful Life (some of us cried, some of us didn't) and did our Christmas thing.

Then besides Sandy waking up sick at 1AM and also waking up Max who thought it was time to get in the bath and get ready for the day, things went smooth.
Christmas report to come, whew!!



3 comments:
I loved these when I saw them on Flickr. Oh, oy, the face. I love the feeling in the pictures = the light, the shadows, the fire, the weary adults, the deep feeling of Christmas Eve. I love it all mucho, mucho -= oh, and I love YOU.
Classic family Christmas eve. Good job with the holiday traditions.
Thanks for inviting us along
Love you
A fire this time of year is delicious!! As are all of these photos. Silly Max and all!
Post a Comment