One little bonus photo from the swimming. The Go Pro camera is so awesome.

I took pictures of Kari's family. I haven't finished editing them yet, but I have done a few and they're quite cute. Like this.

Then we left.
Poor little Sandy had a big puke--the first real one of his life on friday night. It was very sad, and then he seemed totally fine. We hoped that it was just overfeeding or travel or something. Anyway, he was fine after that and so we went on with life.
We left on sunday morning and the GPS told us to go through Zion's. It wasn't the quickest or easiest way to go, but it sure was picturesque.

It's gorgeous. And so fun to drive through a huge tunnel through the mountain.



The bummer was that the little twisty roads made everybody a little carsick--except Sand. Max especially felt ill, and we had to pull over so he could decide whether he was going to be sick or not at some point.
He wasn't quite himself.
We stopped in Flagstaff and stayed the night. We ate a kind of gross dinner and went to bed. Sadly, I woke up at 1AM sick and threw up all night. Then Max woke up and wasn't sick at first, but.... Kris didn't feel all that well, but survived without a puke, lucky for him.
Kris took the boys down to breakfast while I tried to catch up on a little sleep.

Sandy ate a large and healthy breakfast. He loves breakfast.
Max _tried_ to eat a large and exciting breakfast.

Wow, right? Kris said he managed to eat about 10% of all the food he had gathered.
Then he proceeded to be sick for the rest of the day. He threw up all the way home.
We did make it home in the late evening and we were so glad we made it.
Lucky for us we're not used to this sort of thing. Our boys are such great travelers. Hopefully we'll be spared this happening too many other times!
It was still a fun weekend though. Lots of fun pictures anyway!



2 comments:
uuuuuh I think I may be feeling a little off color myself now. my sympathies on your trip. Sand is sooo cute, as usual
Loveyou all
Dad
Oh - trash!!! A mouse pancake? And tons of fruit loops? THEN PUKING? This is an awful story. And Max looked so happy at the table. And the pictures of Sandy. Every time I see that face, I simply fall in love all over again. And of course he loves breakfast - he's a food guy. I'm so sorry you missed the mouse pancakes, but I'm glad you got sleep. How awful. It only happened to us once - that time we stopped in Mesquite. We saw the buffet with the tentacles in it, remember? And the pastry swans filled with cream? Then everybody threw up all night and all the next day in the car. I am not counting Chaz throwing up on every trip to LA for several years. We stopped at a Walmart in Victorville once to buy a bowl for that -
Home now. Kari's youngest is a killer, too - but all the boys are lovely.
Wish you were here. I put up all the little Christmas treasures today. They miss you.
Post a Comment