Thursday, April 21, 2011

::basket::

20110421-20110421-IMG_3446Max came out of school today with a treasure--a basket full of grass.
You just don't see lush green grass around here much. I think the kids planted the seeds about two weeks ago.
His sweet teacher is a pastor's wife. She was pretty excited to sneak some easter basketing in at school under the guise of "spring baskets."
20110421-20110421-IMG_3449
Yay for spring (and Easter) and baskets and treats and eggs.
20110421-20110421-IMG_3451
Now if only that patch of grass was big enough I could squish my feet around in it.....

3 comments:

K said...

Oh. You can come here and run bare foot through the pasture. The grass is just right for running and there are no surprises out there just now - horses haven't been on it since March. Green, cool, slightly dewy (if there's been no rain) and velvety. I bet you do miss it. Our yard is best in May, when everything is emerald and bursting with life. I like that cat egg. But I like the basket maker best.

GrampaGuy said...

Wow, real grass. Must've smelled great.

Love to you all

Dad

Rachel said...

I would go insane without grass. When we visit family in Arizona, that is the first thing I miss..... then the mountains.