Monday, March 22, 2010

::staycation activity #2--sultan on the tramp::

20100320-20100320-IMG_0800
Whenever Max is out playing in the backyard and gets up on the trampoline, Sultan always looks at him with this kind of sad and wistful glance. I always think he's wishing he could be up there bouncing around.
But does he really?
On Saturday we thought we'd test it out. See if he really liked the tramp or not. When Kris was growing up his dog would hop on tramp whenever anybody got on it and bounce around driving everybody crazy.

So Kris grabbed that lovely section of fencing that's just been sitting around making our yard look so nice, and made a little ramp. Sultan didn't think the ramp looked like much fun, but he went up it anyway after a little encouragement.
He walked around a bit and then jumped off.
Then we asked him to do it again, and he did.
He was rewarded by some pats, and he liked that.
Then he jumped off--not via the ramp, but just from the bouncy part of the trampoline to the ground.
THEN we asked him to get up again. And he completely bypassed the ramp. He really didn't like that ramp. He just jumped straight up from the ground to the tramp! It was quite impressive.
And then he spent some time reveling in the love and attention he got for being such an amazing stunt dog.
20100320-20100320-IMG_0792
20100320-20100320-IMG_0794
20100320-20100320-IMG_0796
20100320-20100320-IMG_0798
Then, after he rolled around and got the trampoline all hairy he lept off. Probably never to get up again. He's a bit of a pleaser. If everybody's cheering him on he'll do something he would never otherwise do.
But we don't care. He was awesome with his leaping. Way to go Sultan!

5 comments:

kris said...

It's important to note that Jimi only got on the trampoline to offer hugs to his friends and that he nly did it until he got too fat to jump up.

Grampa Guy said...

Sultan looks like a big old hairy bear just up from hibernation.

fun times

love to all

Dad

K said...

I love that last shot most. I love that eyes-half-closed look of supreme content. I envy him that right now. I'd trade places with him for just two minutes of it. What fun it looks like you guys were having, out there in the sun. Don't let Max break his neck. I just realized we're on a tramp, here.

Rachel said...

(Big grin) The photos of Max and his hair sticking up as he bounces. So cute! Wonderful.....warm....sun....family together.......mmmmmmm. Love it.

Linda said...

How fun, and what a good dog! I liked the picture of Max with his hair sticking up too. Fun times.