Friday, March 05, 2010

::i know you're wondering::

I know you're all wondering what we do around here when it's cold and gloomy outside. (Like the entire winter.) I know it's just eating away at you. So I'm going to relieve your mind and hip you to some of the stuff we've been doing.
First of all, it's dang cold here. When I was in UT it was around 40 degrees. And it was nice. The sun shone and when I went out I hardly felt like I needed a coat (some of the time.) Out here the air is wet and damp and heavy and 40 degrees is SO cold. Yesterday it was 40 and being outside for 5 minutes was painful.
So the jist of all that is, we don't spend much time outside once it gets cold. I just can't take it.

We tease Sultan (well, not me, but Max.) He loves to try to get Sul to chase him around and stuff like that. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

So we get creative.
20100303-20100303-IMG_0626
Well, Sultan doesn't get creative. He just pretty much sits around and sleeps all day. But others come up with weird things to do.
20100303-20100303-IMG_0628
This particular activity was extra cool because it combined creativity and teasing Sultan. At some point Max called Sul to come under the table, which he somehow did. Then he got really interested in the sucker Max was eating. It was pretty funny to watch. It entertained me at least.

Max practices guitar. Let me explain this a bit. "Practices" might be too strong a word. Max practicing equals about 10% playing the songs in his book and 90% playing the guitar as loudly and obnoxiously as is humanly possible. It also involves dropping the pick inside the guitar at least once every 10 minutes. Entertaining.

We play with friends, animate and inanimate. (Though more often it's the inanimate.)
20100303-20100303-IMG_0632
Like these guys for example. We also take pictures of friends--sometimes group family pictures--monkeys, jungle animals, fish family.

We watch movies. Fun movies. Like this one Max got for his birthday.
20100303-20100303-IMG_0634
It's a bunch of the old Pluto cartoons. They're pretty fun to watch. Especially if two Plutos are watching with us.

We do laundry. We clean. We cook. That's not the fun stuff though, so we won't dwell on it.

So there you go. Is your curiosity satisfied? Now if only spring will come soon we might not go crazy.......

4 comments:

Grampa Guy said...

Those all sound like really fun things to do. Especially watching Pluto cartoons and trying to get Sultan to chase us.

Give everybody a hug for me.

Love you all


Dad

K said...

Crazy is not a long trip for our family. I'd kind of like to do the chair-under-the-table thing myself, actually. I am glad he is practicing at your house. We only have to put up with cement trucks and back-hoes. No, I take it back. I wish you were here.

Sparklebot said...

We're very near crazy ourselves here. Can't wait for the spring thaw!

Megan said...

well our utah sun shone for you... haven't seen too much of it since.

is there anything better than watching a cartoon with the actual character in hand? Maggie loves this. She repeatedly points out! "Look! It looks just like HER!"