
This is the kind of thing that can happen when Max goes grocery shopping with me.
Yes, he sat on the bread. I barely saved the bagels.
He likes to sit in the basket of the shopping cart. And really I can't complain about that because it keeps him contained. Which is still an issue these days.
So I like him in the basket too. But things like smashed bread happen.
The lady at the check out tried to tell me I needed new bread. I told her that smashed bread still makes good toast. And how could I not pay for bread my own son's little bottom had squished?
At Trader Joe's the other day he sat on a banana. That ended up pretty gross as you might imagine. The cashier wouldn't let me pay for it even though I tried. That's how they are at good old TJ's.
But I'll take the little boy, smashed bread and all. The same bottom that smushes bananas and bread in the shopping cart is awfully fun to pinch.



6 comments:
I'm sure that at some point, you too sat on bread. Sometimes I think I want to. Or I'd like sleeping on it - note how it takes on the contour of the body. That looks comfortable. And truly, it can still make perfectly wonderful toast, as you said. I don't know how we live through having them. But we do.
Curved bread probably can handle a little more butter and jam?
Oh my goodness! I can't tell you how many loaves of smashed bread we've had over the years and I too......still would take the bottoms that smash them anyday.
That's really cute. Speaking of bottoms, Malachi has been singing "Puff the magic dragon," but instead of "autumn mist" he sings "bottom mist." Cracks me up every time.
And by the way, I am eagerly awaiting your list of Kris's household duties. I bet it will be awesome. Maybe you should do Max's too? (#1. Sit on bread.)
Ha! We call bread "pon" it's Japanese--when Pearl was little and I was putting away the groceries, I heard her singing "dance on pon, dance on pon!" only to look over and see, indeed, she was dancing on the bread. It looked awfully fulfilling.
If my 3 year old, Alyssa, even looks at a loaf of bread it gets squished. It's true though... it still makes good toast.
Stop and Shop 12 grain bread??????!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!
Post a Comment