
My parents found out a few days ago that our old collie dog Skye was really sick.
They had to make the tough decision to put him out of his misery.
We've had him since I was seventeen.
He was such a great dog and a good friend to all of us. Especially Piper, our Australian Shepherd.
We'll miss him. I'll especially miss his goosing--his head was at just the right height to hit most people right in the crotch with his nose when he was going about his customary greeting.
We'll also miss his ridiculously high pitched yip. It wasn't very manly but it was cute.

Dogs are such good friends and fun to have around, but they sure do remind us of our mortality with how fast they age, don't they?


Love you Skye.



5 comments:
I'm sorry. Loosing a pet is hard.
So sorry to hear that :( I hate losing pets, breaks your heart.
It took me a while to be able to read this. It's taking me longer to be able to write my own.
Aww, so sorry, Ginna!
So devestatingly sad! To think he was that little! I had to laugh at your mention of his customary greeting because yes! Every stinkin' time it was Skye's big long nose crotch sniffin. What a silly lovely dog. We all miss him....
Post a Comment