So I sent Max with like $12 and told him to pick out a present for Kris and I. He came home really proud of himself. He had gotten a present for each of us, and the best part was he only spent like $2.95. Such a funny little boy.
But I'm very impressed with him. He picked out things for both of us that were good presents--like he really thought about it.
He got Kris a big football magnet for his car. Kris is definitely a football fan, and he loves cars. So it was perfect.

He got me a little candle that smells really good. He said "because you like candles and stuff...." which is totally true. I do love candles!

It was fun to see how excited he was for us to open the gifts, and it was really fun to see what he had picked out. It's so important for little people to learn the joy of giving. He gets a lot of practice with the joy of receiving, so this was great.
And he's just so stinking cute.

I know I've said it before. I'll probably say it again too.



5 comments:
May I agree? Because I'm pretty sure you're right. And there he is, holding Wallee - who is just almost as cute as he is. I love to think of him being excited to give you those things. Wonderful!!
I remember my kids doing the school store thing. They always loved it and I can't remember now what they got but I do remember the excitement they felt at getting something all by themselves. I love the football magnet. It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The candle is nice too. He is such a cutie I won't argue with you on that point.
Such a cutie! I love getting the stuff the kids 'buy' or make at school. You're right. They are so excited. Cracks me up the reasons they come up with as to why they made or bought what they did....
And I love the idea of the magnet for your car---compared to a sticker. It can be proudly worn, and then removed without messy residue when it's time has come
Love you all
Dad
My stepson got us presents at the same type of elementary school thing. I had never heard of it either.
Post a Comment