Turns out it's basically a timeline of my mom's adorable little molded creations.
So these two here--the camel and the flying heart are both vintage. They're from the early eighties, probably around 83 or so. I'm guessing the camel was made at about the same time as the little me.


They're both salt dough and I love them.
Next my mom moved to using clay. At some point anyway, I'm not sure what that point was.
I remember her working on little things--using a garlic press to make hay and hair for hobby horses. It was so fascinating to watch.

Isn't this the sweetest baby Jesus you've ever seen? He's tiny too--the length of the little manger isn't more than about an inch.
The little guys keep getting more sophisticated, like this raccoon holding an ornament:

I think I got to choose which animal I wanted and she made it for me. Yes, my mom is amazing. I love the texture in his fur. So detailed.

This jumping sheep was made pretty recently. I'm not sure what year though. The quilt he's wearing is beautiful, and I just love the little star. You can also see half of a stained glass star with a little sheep in the middle in this photo too. It's nice to be reminded of the Good Shepherd.
And to finish off, here's the Mama Fish.

I think I've posted about her before, but she's just so fabulous I can't resist. My mom made her for Max a couple of years ago--I think it was the last christmas we've been able to spend in UT. Max was so excited when he saw it. He's almost the age now where I can actually let him touch her. He likes to kiss her. You can see in the photo that he placed a pinecone and tree right next to her to keep her company.
We love the mama fish ornament. What a treasure.
Like my mom, a treasure.
Love you mom!



5 comments:
Love the rainbow-winged heart!
Mom has made some pretty awesome little items,, hasn't she
thanks for putting them up for us
Love you
Dad
Such talent that is all I can say. I love them all.
That picture of the tiny baby with the bokeh behind it is amazing. Great shot. I've really enjoyed this series and I may steal it for next year!
Your mom is so amazing.
Post a Comment