Sunday, December 20, 2009

::ornament 5::

Every year since Max was born I've made a little ornament with his picture in it. OK, so that's an exaggeration. I haven't MADE them every year. Usually I just end up buying a little frame type ornament and sticking his picture in. But I do assemble them. And I do always have plans to make one, it just doesn't usually work out.
But I did make the ones for 2004 & 2007:
max ornaments 12-20
The 2004 one was a little wood frame that I got at the craft store and painted. The one from last year I actually made this year (trying to play catch up--that's what happens when you paint yourself into the corner of a "tradition"). It's a bottle cap (It's from some Steven's orange soda that we had for Thanksgiving that year). I cut his little photo and stuck it in there, and then I poured a bunch of mod podge on top of it. It took days, but it ended up drying clear with a little shiny finish to it. I like it.

I've given the same ornament to each of Max's grandparent's every year too. They're always very grateful and it makes me happy. Give us a couple more years and the theme of our tree will just be Max.

5 comments:

K said...

Yeah, well - as themes go, we could do so VERY much worse. We love these ornaments - that happy, bright little face. And we love the person who treasures both her son and us, to send such things.

Amanda D said...

Very cute, and such a good idea.

Sparklebot said...

What would I do without mod podge?

Katie Gee said...

I LOVE the idea of the bottle cap and mod podge! They're both darling ornaments.

Kathy said...

We love our little Max ornaments and it is so fun to see how he grows and changes right before our eyes. thanks for keeping up the tradition.