This is an ornament we were given by my dad last year--this is Kris writing. My dad has always been a music guy. When I was still at home, his band was Second Wind and now he's playing with his group Highland Highway. As time has gone on, he's become increasingly a guitar guy, collecting famous guitars, building some of his own and even curating a coffee table book on the subject.
It's almost impossible to spend any time as my parents house and not hear him play guitar. Since we moved from Utah we don't get to spend as much time at my parents (or in-laws :) ) as we'd like to. When we do, it's often around the holidays and that's why this ornament is so great. Visiting my parents, listening to my dad play Christmas tunes on guitar is something I love. It's the man behind the ornament that make this one so great and it reminds me of being home. And to make it even better, he made this ornament using the tools his uses to make "real" guitars. Thanks for the guitar, dad.




4 comments:
I haven't commented on all of them but I have just LOVED these posts on your ornaments, tree, and gifts. Just beautiful and I love the home made ee ness of them all!
What a beautiful little ornament, and lovely sentiments to go along with it! We really wish we could see you guys more often too. We're all too darn far away. :/
So so so sweet Kris. Dad did do a good job on those and he loved making them for you. After all it is a big BIG part of him.
From Dad
Thanks for the kind words about the ornament. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to my tools this year. There's a white car in the way. But I do have a guitar surprise that I'll be sending.
Post a Comment