Wednesday, December 16, 2009

::ornament 1::

Kris had a bright idea for me. He thought it would be fun to have a little feature of one Christmas tree ornament a day until the day itself.
So the first:
20091215-IMG_9893
My Grandad made this for me. It's wonderful. I don't know how long ago it was that he made it, but I seem to remember having it forever. He made one for each of us kids (at least I think everybody has one.) My mom has one as well and it really confuses Max because her dad likes to call her Kris, so that's what her ornament says. Max thinks that one belongs on our tree rather than hers.
What it comes down to is that I just love the shape of the letters and how the whole thing makes me think of my marvelous woodworking Grandad. And it always will.

3 comments:

K said...

I love those, too. I wish he'd do more. But he complains that his hands shake too much. I want a Max one. And a Scoot. And one for each dog and horse. And -

Sparklebot said...

What a great gift from your grandpa. I think that's what my tree needs--more memories from childhood.

Rachel said...

When I first looked at the ornament I thought he'd made a heart in the G. It looks like a heart to me. An ornament made with love.