Tuesday, December 08, 2009

::more mama fish::

So, as if Max didn't have enough fish already, he put in a special request that I make him a mama fish. At first I thought the request was pretty ridiculous, but then it caught my fancy and I started working on it.
I found this pattern that I figured I could start with. I found about four different colors of yarn that I thought sort of matched up with the real fish. And then I went to work.
And then:
20091206-IMG_9826
20091206-IMG_9817
20091206-IMG_9823
I'm really happy with how she turned out. EXCEPT that in trying to be smart I used some rice on her insides to give her some weight. Was I thinking about how if I ever had to wash her the rice would get all gross? NO. Oh well. Too late now.
The colors worked out well though, and my pattern modifications turned out great I thought.
Want to compare New Mama Fish with the original Mama Fish?
20091206-IMG_9820
20091206-IMG_9824
Not exactly the same, but pretty darn close.
And the verdict?
20091206-IMG_9827
20091206-IMG_9831
He likes her. And I like him. Good deal.

21 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it! I might have to make a Mama Fish. Or at least a fish like the original pattern since I might be too lazy to make the cool bug eyes.

Denae said...

SO CUTE GIN! you are so very talented my dear!

K said...

You are amazing. You figured out the lips. How did you figure out the lips? Tonight, just thinking about it makes me want to go to bed.

Kari's Cakeventures said...

wow! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Way to go!

Megan said...

you have got to teach me how you do that! And I mean teach me from "these are needles. this is yarn..." I'm THAT stupid.

Rachel said...

Seriously Ginna, that has to be the cutest mama fish EVER!

Hel Gibbons said...

I love the eyes! I'm glad you found my pattern useful. x

No Big Dill said...

Clever!

On a side note, Divine had a dog filled with flax seed that I washed after some vomit contact---we got a bloated dog that had to be operated on. Did I learn? No, we filled him with wheat...

Teri said...

Very good job Ginna. That is some pretty crafty handiwork. I am sure Max will always like that mama fish better.

Linda said...

I think Momma Fish 2.0 is cute, and looks pretty darn close to the original. And yikes to the snow! I knew it was coming, but still...yikes!

Ann Glaus said...

That is so cute Ginna. I like it better than the original. You are so crafty.

Marilyn said...

I add my voice to the chorus of mama-fish admiration. She is SO cute! Cuter than the original! HOW on earth did you do it? Wow!!

Amanda D said...

Ginna, it's so cute! You really should set up an etsy shop and sell them. Max can be your advertisement. :)

Katie Gee said...

Wow! You are SOOOOO talented! I love it!

Leslie said...

Very, very cool.

Unknown said...

Can I please get the pattern directions to the lips and eyes for this fish I love how you changed it by adding them . Adorable!

Andria said...

That is amazing, well done!

no spring chicken said...

And I love her too! Excellent. I'm looking forward to checking your blog often.

K said...

Timeless, eh? And fun to get kind comments. What happened to all those people who USED to come around and comment? I'd forgotten about them -

Carli said...

Any chance you can post how you did the lips and bug eyes? Love this fish!

Unknown said...

I love your momma fish. Can you post how you did the eyes and lips???

thank you