Wednesday, December 16, 2009

::card(s)::

When I was trying to decide what to do about Christmas cards this year I suddenly realized that I have some photoshop skills. That instead of picking somebody else's template I could make up my own! I got excited and went to work.
Here's the first draft I came up with.
christmas card 2009 2
I like it. It's fun and busy. I never know where to stop when pictures are concerned though, so I think this card may have had a few more pictures than were really necessary.
Then I worked up another one:
good christmas card 2009
This is the one we sent out. Simplicity and bold colors won out. I love it. It's fun that I get to claim credit for the design. And plus I found a place that printed them for about .50 apiece, which made it so we could actually send them out.
Christmas cards are fun. I love getting them and I enjoy sending them.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I like Christmas cards too! But a.) I've never sent any. And b.) I never get any (see (a).) Yours are adorable. Good photoshop work!

Allison said...

Your cards turned out great. I loved getting it in the mail and LOVED the format of your letter too. You are crazy creative.

K said...

I'm with Allison - the letter was genius and the card was adorable. Wish I had the whatever it takes to do this kind of thing. Wish I hadn't upgraded to Snow Leopard and murdered my Photoshop.

Sparklebot said...

I like the one you chose better--so I think you made the right choice.

Rachel said...

Yours was the first I got this year!!!!! So cool! LOVED the card, LOVED the letter. You are so creative and fun.

Teri said...

I saw this at Dixie's house and thought, I wonder where she got that card from. Huh. YOU did it. Of course.