On the side of the church was a really cool little brick courtyard.

And on the left side of the courtyard there was this really pretty old gate.

I tried googling this gate to see if I could learn anything about it, but it appears to be unimportant--or so google thinks. I think it's cool. The gate led into this little square garden, walled with bricks. The bricks were all covered in ivy.

Max said he thought it was probably just like the Garden of Eden used to be. I told him I didn't agree, but it was a good observation.
Then I asked Kris to take a couple of pictures.



There aren't a lot of pictures of Max and I where I'm not holding the camera myself, so these are fun.
It was just such a cool area. It seemed like there were little secret places everywhere.

(yes, Kris is holding my purse, not his own)
Then we found one more little nook, down a little set of stairs from the original courtyard. And it was just too perfect for pictures. It cried out to be posed in. So we did.



(think max was done with posing yet?)
After that we headed home, since these late fall days have started getting dark pretty darn early.
And on the way home, like a gift, was the most gorgeous sunset I've seen in a while. I took so many photos trying to capture it that I had a really hard time picking just a couple to post. So here are three.



Amazing, right?
The end of this adventure, at least for now.



5 comments:
Yeah - those pictures of the sunset - I was saying, "W-o-w," before I knew I was saying anything. I love these shots of the mellow Boston buildings. I've never been there, but it reminds me of where we lived in NY -bricks long softened by the elements. Autumn colors against them. Little walks and enclosed gardens. You had to have wondered just what silk wearing ladies had retired to that nook with what cravat wearing gentlemen, quite confidential together under those leaves, and in that quiet place.
What a lovely journey, Gin. And how lucky you found that little place. And how lovely that salmon colored sky with its feckless and devil-my-care swathes of cloud was.
Lucky Kathy. Silly Max. Brave Kris (to carry a purse in Boston). And Beautiful you.
I love nooks and crannies. I would like to have a yardfull of them.
Great photos
Love you all
Dad
The night sky is just beautiful just like you. You look so great!!
Beautiful skies. And leaves. And like your mom said, the aged bricks. (She always says things so eloquently; you must get that from her).
You can't find anything so beautiful like that here. I love the way you captured it all. And the pictures of you and Max are wonderful!
Post a Comment