
We had a peaceful low key Thanksgiving, just staying home together. It was really nice. We ate and relaxed and watched football and played games and sort of slept in.
We decided to just eat a few of our favorite dishes and try to make it simple.
Except cooking a turkey never is really simple. I don't think we needed to get a whole turkey, but we did. It turned out yummy which is a good thing because we're going to be eating it for a while.

I cooked a whole bunch the day before so that Thanksgiving itself could be a little more restful. The fridge was all full of yummy stuff waiting to be cooked.

Everything turned out really good except the rolls which I spent way too long making. They burned. Well the tops looked great, but the parts in the muffin tin all burned. That was a pretty big bummer.
But oh well. At least I had Kris get some frozen ones for a backup so we were ok.
We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole and rolls. I had corn too but I forgot to bring it out. Which was really ok considering how it was way too much food for us as it was.
I struggled with the gravy as usual, but it turned out pretty good. Not exactly how I wanted it but good enough. And seriously, any sort of gravy looks good in my favorite gravy boat ever (thanks Target!)

Max was pretty interested in how Kris was carving the turkey, and had some good questions.

He really wanted the wishbone, but we couldn't find it this year. He was pretty bummed about that. But that's how it goes sometimes. Besides, we make our own luck around here.

This is Max warming up for dinner by munching on a yucky plastic drumstick. Ick.


Happy Thanksgiving to all!
(and to Sultan)



5 comments:
Yep. I have one of those gravy boats in my picture too. I love it when we're twins. And gravy is, as you may recall, my fave. I only make dressing and potatoes and turkey so I can have an excuse for gravy. It looks like a lovely dinner and celebration, and I ache to have us in the picture with you. Next year in Jerusalem? I love your blog because I know what things look like - including Max. I wish my mom had been able to be this connected. But then, she'd have had to have accepted the computer as an actual, useful communication device -
Ginna
It looks like a sumptuous feast. Great job putting it together. Wish we could've been there, or you here.
Love to you all
Dad
1) I LOVE the glass pumpkin in your first photo.
2) I have those same goldfish glasses! Roommates over the years have broken most of mine, but I have two left!
Sounds like you had a great time and got a little relaxing in which is what it should be about. Your meal looks and sounds wonderful. Way to go. Love the gravy boat. My answer to gravy is to buy it which I did this year. It was great and no one complained. Cute family...
LOVE the glass pumpkin and LOVE the gravy boat! I wanna be a twin!
Your turkey looks scrum diddly dumptious! Mmmmm, I love Thanksgiving food. All of it!
Post a Comment