There aren't many times I've cried in public. Besides like during sad movies and stuff of course. The two times I can think of are once at work--back when I worked at Summerhays Music--my boss tried to make me stay really late at work. I blame that crying on being young--and the commute from Orem to SLC.
The other time was when I was working with a personal trainer at the gym. It was leg day and he was making me use this terrible machine. He tried to kill me. Then I cried.
But I had never cried at the dentist. Until yesterday. When Kris poked me in the mouth with a bunch of needles.
It was kind of like when a kid falls down and hurts himself, he's pretty much ok until he finds his mom or dad. Then he's a crying mess, right? Or like when you have a terrible day at work, you're ok until you get home to somebody who's sympathetic, then you fall apart.
The problem was, my sympathetic person was there sticking me with needles. So I couldn't hold it in. I felt bad, because I didn't want Kris to think he was doing a bad job, or to think he was torturing me more than was necessary.
So it was just a couple of tears. But boy did I feel wimpy after that.
Kris did a good job. It was a long appointment, and there's more to come before we're done, but I was really impressed with him. His "chairside manner" is really good and I felt confident in his skills. And if I feel confident, knowing everything that goes on in that clinic, everyone else should too!
Besides, it's silly but it was nice to spend some time together. And I liked looking at his pretty green eyes while he was working on me.
I'm proud of him. It's still going to be quite the trick to get all his requirements done in time for graduation, but he's going to do it--I know he will!
And I'll have a nice big gold crown to show for it. Yipee. I'm going to try not to cry in the chair anymore. Wish me luck.



7 comments:
Ginna. I am so sorry. I have cried at the dentist too. The chick told me I wasn't taking good enough care of my teeth and it was all my fault I had a cavity. Then she started flossing my teeth with extra vigor and I couldn't hold it in. It was horrible. I am SO sorry.
I actually just got a crown done last month. Too bad Kris' need for crown practice wasn't in this state. Don't tell anyone that I actually need another one.
But do tell people that I brush and floss every night. Religiously. I guess that is why I cried.
As one more side note, I very often tell people that I would go through labor instead of going to the dentist. I think the epidural has something to do with that.
Brave girl, anyway. And Chaz doesn't let them give her anesthetic at the dentist. Man - I'm usually begging for it.
You're not a wimp.
You're such a good wife to volunteer for such a thing! I don't think you're a wimp!
I totally would have cried to. That is if he had convinced me to do it and I am not sure that would have been possible. I have a slight (irrational?) fear of the dentist.
Good luck to Kris on getting everything done!
sad! i feel like crying for you. I totally understand how you felt. It is just his job, your mr. sympathy hasn't betrayed you.
I was feeling so sad for you. I can't imagine being in your place. I bet it was hard for Kris too. You are a good wife in submitting your self to all those hours in a dental chair. Good luck I hope it goes well. I'm glad Kris is a good dentist. Not that I had any doubts.
Oh Man! Poor Gin! I understand, I feel so bad for you!
poor ginny!
Post a Comment