We stayed somewhere different every night to try to get a good overview of the area.
On friday morning we went over to the hospital where Kris will be working where I got to meet the program director and the current residents. Everbody was so nice and pleasant. It's very busy there but I think that it will be a great atmosphere for Kris to work. It seems to be very positive and happy, and everybody seemed to get along well.
The program director was so nice. I was very impressed with him because as we were standing in the hall of the hospital chatting, suddenly we heard a strange noise behind us. A young teenage boy had fallen to the ground with a seizure and his mom was trying to help him. Dr. Kane ran right over to them and got right down there and took care of things. He didn't leave them until he was sure everything was ok. He seemed like a really good caring doctor. So that's great.
We did a lot of driving around different areas to try to figure out which areas would be best for us to live in. We spent a good amount of time at Barnes & Noble on the internet too. Thank goodness for the internet or we wouldn't know anything!
We found a couple of areas we really liked, and now we're just going to watch craig's list to see if something liveable there will be available soon.
In general we really liked it out there in the Providence area. It's definitely all old and most of the houses are small but our house we live in now is small, so as long as we can get a little more room than we have now we should be fine.
On friday night we went to a get-together with all the residents. It was really fun. It seemed like they got together a good amount, and were all really comfortable with each other. They were so nice to us too. It was great for me to get a chance to get to know them a little--it makes the move a little less scary.
This party was where, unbelievably, Kris sang karaoke. Like I said before I don't think it'll ever happen again. He just didn't want to look like a party pooper in front of his new friends. Good thing I used to be in the karaoke business! I got up there and sang with him and we were coolness incarnate. Or something.

I look totally exhausted in this picture because it was after midnight. The party went on forever! It was really fun though. We were glad we got to attend.
Here's Kris in our crazy all white hotel room in downtown Providence. Everything was either bright white or chrome/stainless steel. It was weird, but pretty fun!

and here we both are--not my favorite picture, but then again no picture with me in it is my favorite! It's better than the other one...nobody's going to see that one.

We got burned out from driving around looking at places which we were too early to rent, so on saturday night we drove down to Newport and stayed there. We took the scenic ocean drive around the coast and it was soooo beautiful. Soooo cold, but so picturesque.

There was gorgeous light sunday morning so we took the drive again so I could give my camera some exercise. So fun to look at.

Can you see the cool bridge in this shot? It was amazing looking. Can you see the line of geese in the water? I wish I could've gotten a little closer shot there.




We went to sacrament meeting at the ward we're planning on going to and that was nice. Seems like there are a good amount of members in that ward and a healthy amount of kids, so that's good for us.
We flew out on sunday evening and you know the rest! We're glad to be back home even though it means we're back into the stress. Hopefully we can be strong and tough and make it through the next couple of hard months, AND find a place to live that is everything we want and need.
Wish us luck!!



9 comments:
I can't wait to visit you there. What a beautiful place. But I am only coming when it it warm okay? Unless there is a really good reason to come in the cold. It does look cold. I like the picture of you both on the white couch. It is cute of you both. Also I like the picture of you on the side of your blog. You look adorable. Love you.
Yes, yes - I love it when people appreciate my handiwork. You ARE adorable. I love the ocean - from a distance, and I hate the bridge. I know, if I were driving over it, I'd make a mistake and drive right off the side and fall fourteen stories down to the water. So I do not want to drive on it. ever.
You guys are really off on your own life now.
Cool.
Well you guys are so smart for trying different places out. That way you don't get there and have a crazy suprise. Old can be good, I miss all the charactor that was in the old houses. The new house for the most part are made out of styrofoam and a thin layer of stucco. Working with friendly people is very important to, it is so much better if you are happy at your job. Going to a new ward is always interesting, the good thing about living out in "the mission field" is that your ward is very thrilled to have you move in. You are always needed and appretiated. It makes a person feel good.
Looks so beautiful there. Maybe I'll have to tag along with mom when she comes to visit :)
1. I am surprised you found nice people in RI.
2. That bridge is "wicked" long, isn't it? It gets pretty scary when it is covered in the clouds.
There are some cool bridges along the Maine coast too.
3. I want my house to be like that all white hotel. Where was it?
4. What ward did you visit? Warwick or C.F. or somewhere else?
Beautiful pictures. Good luck finding a good place to live! It is hard to find the right place in a new town.
Congrats on the move though, it sounds exciting!
RI is just to far away. I don't like it. Don't like it at all. But I know that J.J. Smith met her husband there I don't know if she still lives there. April lived there too. You might have some friends there then. But you won't have me there. I live in Utah. Did you know? Utah is the place for people to live... Brother Brigham said so.
I also would like to come with Kathy and Kari. Sounds like a girl trip in the making. Good luck with all the moving preparation. It will be a wonderful adventure.
It's hard to start out again in new places. It doesn't look/sound like this place is going to be too bad though.
Post a Comment