We were actually happy about the delay because we got to see Lisa (Kris's cousin). It was so fun to see her. She came and picked us up and took us to breakfast. It was so nice to spend some time just chatting. Let's do it again soon Lisa!

I love this next one:

Finally when we got off the flight we went to wait for our luggage. But there it was, already sitting there waiting for us! Turned out they had sent our luggage on the 8AM flight, so it had been sitting there on the bag carousel for hours, just waiting for somebody to walk off with it. That made me mad.
After that we hurried to pick up Max, who was very glad to see us, and also rushed to pick up our red car that was in the shop getting fixed. Phew.
When we finally got home we walked into the house and were hit by a blast of arctic air when the door opened. It seemed the furnace wasn't working! The house was SO COLD. I had to run straight to school to take a test (which was not fun), so Kris called the landlord about the furnace. Unfortunately they couldn't fix it last night, so after I got home we all snuggled into our big bed and slept the night under an electric blanket next to the space heater. It was nice except for Max deciding he needed to sleep sideways and kicking me in the head all night.
Getting up was hard though. It was like camping or something. I was scared to get out of bed.
Anyway, the guy came this afternoon and fixed the furnace. Evidently a bird had flown down there and gotten rather stuck. So finally Max and I were able to come out of the bedroom where we'd been holed up next to the space heater. Starting to go crazy.
I'll tell you what though, next time your heat goes out make sure you have some peanut m&ms in the cupboard. They taste awesome frozen. Yum yum.
It was almost impossible to do anything in the house when it was that cold, it was kind of crazy. Oh well. At least we're warm now.
So I have some fun pictures from our RI trip, and some impressions, I'll get to those soon hopefully!
I'll leave you with this picture. I think it's beautiful, but it makes me cold. Isn't it just so wintry and cold looking? Brrrr.....



6 comments:
Glad you made it home. I was always OK leaving my kids if, I knew they were safe and happy. But it sure feels good to get home to them. Bummer on the cold house. we had the opposite happen in AZ. The temp out side got up to 122 degrees in the shade. Our rental house was 100 degrees inside. We called the land lord and the house just had a really lame AC unit, it couldn't keep up in the heat. I told Mike it was 22 degrees cooler in the house than outside, but man was it hot. And they don't make "cold" blankets. It's no wonder I'm so happy here! Hopefully you will be happy in your new place this summer.
I will have to try the MMs. I wonder if it works as well with dark chocolate ones?
Next time you guys are freezing just set up a tent and sleep with Sultan inside--you'll be roasting. :3
I'm so glad you're home safe!!
Glad to hear the furnace got fixed. It is miserable to be that cold...in the house. That is interseting about the bird. We went to repalce out furnace filter just after we had bought the house we are in now and when I open it up I see some little type of critter. My first thought was mice, but no it was 3 little birds. Nice and stiff. They must have flown down the flue. The good news is it didn't stop it from working. I like the picture of Kris and Lisa. How fun you go to see her. I bet she really enjoyed that little surprise. Give Max a kiss for me.
Yes, well, Max was only paying you back for the night we spent in Saint George when I was about nine and a half months pregnant with Cam and you had to sleep with us in a ratty double bed. You, too, favored lying crosswise, and all night long, you pushed your head into my back and your feet into Guy saying, "Nice horsey. Get over horsey!!!"
brrrr...! glad that your not cold anymore! Sounds like you had a fun trip, can't wait to see more pictures.
Glad you made it home and that you are warming up. Can you email me the photos of Kris and I? It was so fun to see you guys and seriously the best surprise I've had in a long time...so thanks!
Post a Comment