Monday, February 25, 2008

.:.:Double Tagged:.:.

I've been tagged twice recently (well I thought it was recently until I looked at Annie's post that she tagged me on--it's been almost a month!!) and so I thought I could get both the taggings taken care of in one fell swoop.

The first one was from Annie who is Kris's cousin Phil's wife. (It's been fun getting to know her better via the blog world)
Here we go!

10 years ago:
I was a freshman at BYU. Majoring in saxophone performance, playing in jazz bands and concert bands and saxophone quartets and combos and all sorts of fun things. I had a really fun freshman year. I was also getting ready to go on tour with the jazz band to Russia and Finland in the summer.

Snacks I enjoy:
Anything sugary. That really does just about sum it up for me. I'm not very discriminating.
But I do also like nuts. And crackers.
Yikes.

Five things on my to-do list today:
1) Pick up Max from school

2) try to clean up stuff in my house--oh where to start

3) Work with Max on coloring and reading

4) Work

5) Go to school tonight

Things I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:
oh man, what kind of a question is this?
I would pay off our student loans first, obviously. Then I'd pick someplace beautiful and buy a whole bunch of houses there so all the family could live in the same place. I'd buy an old Land Rover Defender 110 (or whatever it is) for Kris and I'd get myself a whole bunch of new cameras and lenses. I'd also take some real photography and photoshop classes. Oh yeah, and I would get Kris a roof top tent for the grover. That's very important.
Is that enough? I'm sure I could think of more if I was forced...

Three of my bad habits:
1) Twiddling my hair. I like to do it in the car all the time and it drives Kris crazy

2) Leaving dishes to soak in the sink for WAY too long

3) Leaving books and magazines in the bathroom until they turn into mush because of Max's bathing (i.e. splashing) methods

Five places I have lived:
1. Provo UT
2. Orem UT
3. Vienna Austria (ok this might not count because it was just a summer. But I want it to)
4. Kansas City, MO
5. Wow. I don't have a #5. But I will in May or June when we move to RI!!

Jobs I have had:
1. Server at a Mexican restaurant
2. photo lab tech at the BYU bookstore
3. photo lab tech at Worldwide Photo in Provo
4. photo lab tech at Kenny's Photo in Orem
5. sales associate at Deseret Book in Orem (twice)
8. karaoke duplicator at Priddis Music (I can't remember where--American Fork??)
7. sales associate at Summerhays Music in both Murray and Sandy
8. Loan processor for Peak Mortgage
9. loan processor--self employed. I'm STILL doing it. Woo hoo!

Things people don't know about me:
well there might not be a lot now after being tagged before with something like this but I'll try...
1. I am a compulsive email checker so it's a good thing I have an iphone so I'm not stuck to the computer
2. Ginna isn't my real name (ok most of you know that but some of you probably don't!)
3. I love coordinating sweatsuits--you know, the kind that you buy both the hoodie jacket and the pants at the same time and they match? I love them for some reason. I try not to wear them out in public very much because I don't think they actually look that good, but I always like to have two or three around the house to wear in the evenings or on sunday afternoons.
4. I'm messier than I'd like to be
OK enough of that!!

The second tagging was by Karie who is my cousin Mat's wife. Also another family member that it's been nice to get to know a little better through blogs.
1. Pick up the nearest book (one of at least 124 pages)
2. open to page 124
3. find the 5th sentence
4. post the next 3 sentences

Sitting up on the back of the couch here is the book I read last weekend. It's called "The Alice Stories" and it's by Jesse Lee Kercheval. It was pretty good but it made me cry. I'm not sure I like that right now.

"I put on my suit, wrestled my hair into my cap, showered, and walked out onto the tile deck of the pool. Through the windows at the far end I could see the playground, empty and crusty with old snow. The lifeguard looked up from her clipboard and nodded."

Alright, I am going to tag a few of you out there. Feel free to pick either one of these things and do it. Whichever you fancy. And as always, if you don't do it I won't stay mad at you for long...

Lisa (hah! now you're double tagged too), Charlotte, Megan, Tiffany, Vhari, Lorri and Amanda!
(I got more than my usual share of tags because I did two at once.)

4 comments:

carie said...

Here is some great news for you... Everyone in RI dresses in sweats in public. The matching sweatsuit is high fashion for them, the more sparkles on the butt the better.

You can finally feel comfortable wearing your sweatsuits.

Amanda D said...

Great answers, Ginna.
I almost live in my sweats but I don't have matching sweat suits. And I usually change into jeans before going out in public. =)

Lorena said...

I didn't tag you because I remembered you had been tagged recently. About the book you read, would you recomend it? I am finally finding some time on my hands and I'm finding out about a bunch of great books.

Annie said...

I totally thought I had commented on this already but I guess not...thanks for doing it! It was fun to read those things about you! =)