But, in the meantime I've had a special request from Kelly to post a picture I took of Max and his best buddy Isobel. This shot is from my birthday get-together. Max was being very energetic and bossing Isobel around a lot. She played along for a long time but then I think just got tired of being bossed and started ignoring him. It was pretty funny to watch their interaction. This picture illustrates how they were relating to each other that evening very well. I think it's hilarious.
I especially love the food all over their mouths.

And in honor of my new photoshop, here are a few other versions of this photo.

vintage snapshot--kind of cool, kind of weird.

this one's using some settings that are supposed to enhance portraits. I like it pretty well.

kind of an interesting muted color version. It makes Isobel's eyes look really beautiful.

another vintage version-I like this but I think it's a pretty cheesy effect. Like I should make a greeting card out of it or something. But I'm not sure what the card would be say....any ideas?

and last, a version with very saturated color. There are things I love about this, and things I don't love, like Max's cheeks looking so strange.
Obviously it's going to take me some time and experimentation, but I'm going to figure this thing out. You just wait! I'm sure I'll subject you to more experiments as time goes on.



5 comments:
I love this picture. The last two look super cool together, the muted vintage and over saturated.
If these kids ever get married, this photo will have to be their wedding invitation.
Fooey - I've been messing with Photo shop for years, and I don't even know where you found that vintage setting thing. Filters, maybe? Fun stuff, baby-dear.
That picture - I know I've said this before. But I gotta say again - this is HILARIOUS. And I sent it to the entire family, including Geneva and Rachel!
max is such a darling little boy and that picture of him and his best little friend is very cute. Photoshop is a hard one to tackle...I've been doing it for 3 years now (self taught and currently taking a class by a photographer I admire)...don't get frustrated, just have fun playing with it. Adobe has a TON of tutorials as well..check it out!
Wow,I've been out of touch and you have had alot of posts. I told Mike last month that I wanted photoshop. I have seen some awesome picture on photo shop.
What kind of Photoshop? I have Elements, but I havne't figured out how to do much with it yet. Good luck! Great picture of your son.
Post a Comment