Thursday, June 21, 2012

::this baby::

IMG_5602


This baby is such a character. He likes to be a big guy and do things on his own, but sometimes he likes to pretend to cry so he can get a hug.

  IMG_5601

He wants to do everything his brother does, and sometimes copies him right down to inflections and motions. I was brushing Max's hair the other day and he was protesting loudly. Very loudly. In fact he was screaming OWWW! and holding his head in his hand. I went to put the brush away, but Sandy was crying for a turn. I brushed his hair and he loudly (and tragically) said, OW! OW! He put his head in his hand just like Max. It was so so funny.

IMG_5604
 

 The point of this post though was to tell a different funny story.

IMG_5599

  During sacrament meeting on Sunday I went to feed this guy a snack. It was one of those squeezy packages of applesauce (for those who haven't had little kids lately, these little bags of soft food have little nozzles on them so babies can slurp them down straight from the package.) Anyway, the kind I had is really made for bigger kids to have in their lunches. We've never had a big accident with one of these foods before, but when I went to feed it to Sandy he got all cranky and decided he didn't want it in his mouth. He grabbed the food, which of course started to squeeze it out everywhere. Then Kris and I both grabbed for it--I think both our hands ended up on his hand. The applesauce went from squirting out to GEYSERING out. It was flying straight into the air and getting on everything. It felt like that moment stretched out quite long, but it couldnt' have been too long because somehow there was still food left in the pack after all this. A bunch of slimy kleenexs later and a trip to the bathroom we were all ok. But what an event. Just imagine it and you'll laugh.

  IMG_5607

He's a little stinker, this baby.

5 comments:

K said...

Sorta glad I wasn't sitting in the pew in front of you - -

But who could be mad? Even with applesauce all over my head, one look at that smile and all would just have to be well.

Heart: melt.

Anonymous said...

The applesauce geyser is a classic moment.

Love you all

Dad

Nancy said...

THis is absolutely hilarious! Sandy is a cutie. I think the stubbornness must be a Randle kid thing... MAN. I've got two of them too! :D

Murphy said...

Oh, what a shame about the food. You didn't ask Max to just scrape it off everyone's clothing and eat it? That would have been extra delicious ;)

Anonymous said...

What a mess. I've had small accidents with those things and it seems it gets everywhere. Can't imagine how many Kleenexes it took to clean that up.