Monday, June 04, 2012

::prius::

IMG_5651 The universe aligned and we recently had the chance to buy Kris's dad's Prius from Kathy. Not that we really NEEDED another car exactly, considering that this would be the fourth, but I was getting worried about gas prices. Besides, every one of our cars has a different duty. The Land Rover is the car that breaks and is broken all the time. The big Infiniti's job is to haul hospital surgery equipment and the airstream trailer (that will hopefully someday be an awesome mobile dental clinic). The van is the van. The Prius is cheap to drive. And I do like paying less at the pump. It's a nice feeling. I think I was the only one in the Hendricks family that shared Ken's paranoia about gas prices and expenses anyway, so I really deserved to take over the little Prius. Anyway, it's fun to have his car although out here in Santa Fe Pruis' are so ubiquitous as to be almost embarrassing. But we have the only one with special Ken Hendricks bumper stickers. IMG_5652 And yes, the car is parked on a pile of cardboard that was supposed to go to the recycling center. We've since then cleaned it up, but that's kind of our lives right now, just park on it until you can deal with it. It was really fun to get the Pruis, it was all clean and nice. A month (or more?) ago I flew to UT with the boys and then drove it back here (my mom kept me company and we had a good time.) The sad thing was it immediately became just as dirty as the minivan. Kids do such a NUMBER on cars. And as my good friend says, we do live in them, but still. Untitled Oy. Untitled He may be messy but at least he's cute. The funniest thing about the Prius right now though is that it smells just like a dentist's office inside. And we haven't ever put or carried any dental stuff in it--except ourselves of course. Even others have noticed the distinct scent. Does that mean it's making itself at home, or what's the deal? Mysterious...

2 comments:

K said...

Perhaps your children are suffering dental caries? Or perhaps you brush by tooth scented - ummm - things in the office and it gets in your hair. I know you get in MY hair. Or I wish you would, more often. And I share Ken's passion for low gas prices, but nobody is selling ME a cute, efficient Prius. In another life I will have one. Meanwhile, I have pictures of darling cheese-eaters, and I am happy.

Grampa Guy said...

I love the bumper stickers---remembrance of Ken and also a good way tell which car is yours .
Looks like Sandy is having a good time

DAd