Wednesday, June 13, 2012

::my flowers::

IMG_5724

These little flowers are all from plants that were growing in our yard. Our rehab and encouragement of the plants has some of them blooming like crazy. I've just had to learn more about the plants that flourish in the area--the lower water need ones. These are flowering perennials that might be seen as weeds in other areas, but we here in NM go to nurseries and spend money on them. It's such a funny thing. But when you learn more and look closer you can really learn to appreciate things you might not otherwise. You can find beauty in things you might not even have taken a peek at in the past.

IMG_5725

I thought these all looked beautiful--except the little purple ones that are all closed up. I'm so confused by these. It seems like they only open up at night and then close at about 7 or 8AM. What the heck?! I even cut some open ones and put them in my little vase, but they just closed up at some point and stayed closed. They're beautiful, but not the kind of beauty you can capture and keep inside.

IMG_5726

We planted some more flowers last week, we'll see if they will flourish and give me more blossoms to cut and enjoy inside. I'm learning...slowly…


3 comments:

Grampa Guy said...

Quite lovely, and I like the blooming boy in the background

K said...

Yes - this is a gift I did not give you - growing things, cultivating things. I've always loved the idea of it, but doing it wasn't a priority. I guess trig took precedence, eh? But I'm excited you're doing these things, and the flowers are lovely and brave. Just like you.

Rachel said...

I love having fresh cut flowers in my house. I have some gorgeous roses right now on my wood stove from one of my gardens. Flowers make me happy. I know heaven is going to be full of them!