Thursday, January 19, 2012

::disney fun 1::

So all the racing and running and such aside, we had some classic Disney World fun with our leftover time.
We took Kathy to the Animal Kingdom--she'd never been. I loved that Max was still afraid of the 3d Bug's Life movie under the big tree.
photo-2
The safari ride was as neat as usual. Seeing all the different animals is always so fun.
IMG_5258
The baby elephant was A-dorable.
IMG_5246
Max was dying to go on his "most favorite" ride, the river rapids one where you get all wet. Of course the best opportunity to do that came up at like 5PM when the sun was almost gone. I'm a nice mom and I went with him anyway.
photo
I definitely got wet and cold--and evidently the ride also caused me to make ugly faces.

On a different day we ate at the German buffet in Epcot. This is Kris's favorite thing to do. The food is so good. The little band that plays is great too, and Max loves to dance and goof around.
Besides the fact that we got seated at a communal table with a cranky old man and a lady that wouldn't stop talking, it was a good night. Actually the lady was really nice, though was too loquacious after a stein of Germany's best bier. And the cranky old man just turned out to be lonely. He talked to Max a lot during the meal and won a lot of points with me.
IMG_5163
IMG_5167
You can see Germany behind us. And how amazingly flexible the Sand is.

Here we are waiting for the bus so that we can visit our resort pool. The resort was fun, but so spread out that you had to take an internal bus everywhere.
IMG_5266
It was a fun pool with a big water slide and a really cute toddler area that Sandy hated.
IMG_5267
You can see that Max is set and ready to take some serious underwater videos.

Now this is funny. I have one child that ADORES the characters. I've never really liked people in big costumes that like. I still don't really like them. But Max loves them to death. He gets so excited when he sees them.
IMG_5178
At this dinner he was essentially jumping up and down trying to be patient while the characters made the rounds.
IMG_5177
BUT
I have another child who HATES the characters. Turns out he thinks they are terrifying, weird and creepy.
IMG_5181
IMG_5185
And those darn characters won't take no for an answer. They expect to be adored and are dismayed when it doesn't happen. Most of them just kept trying and trying until Sand broke down and I had to send them away.
IMG_5171
No babies were harmed in the course of the evening, but he did get really mad. The rest of the restaurant thought he was pretty cute.
I think he's over it by now. I hope anyway.

3 comments:

K said...

Oh, the faces! I am delighted. I feel like I'm there with you. I wish I WERE there with you. Except for the rapids ride, which I have taken before, but only when I had my own raincoat with me - the hooded one. Max is getting so tall. And I didn't see any ugly faces or weird ones on you - just my beautiful Gin face. I've gotta go to bed. I'm starting to jiggle around the room. Guess I'm tired, eh?

Rachel said...

I a laughing so hard at the photo of Sand looking at Minnie Mouse! If that look doesn't say it all.....

Grampa Guy said...

Looks like you had a blast.

Wish we had been there and thanks for doing the work so we could all share

Love you

Dad