Saturday, August 06, 2011

::scootin' (backwards)::

(No chubby kids were harmed in the making of this blog post. Maybe they're weren't immediately picked up when they wanted to be, but that's a whole other story.)
IMG_4034
My little little guy has started scooting a bit. But not forward, where he'd like to go. Backwards. Always backwards. It's because he's not bothering to do anything with his feet, just his arms. And every time he pushes against the floor with his arms he goes backwards, which really isn't what he means or wants to do.
But I think he's happy to be moving at all.

Yesterday he was hanging out on the floor of our big room--the carpeted floor that I wanted just for things like this--scooting crawling babies.
He's on the floor playing with toys, and suddenly I realize that he's halfway across the room, but still facing me. At that point he was having a good time with it.

And he scooted on. Suddenly he realized that he had scooted rather close to the guitar that was leaning against one of the walls. This was cool and exciting.
IMG_4041
And actually rather captivating, really.

This is where things started to fall apart. I think he really really wanted to go for the guitar. So he started to try.
IMG_4047
IMG_4048
IMG_4051
IMG_4052
IMG_4055
IMG_4054
IMG_4053
IMG_4056
He was extremely annoyed with me for giggling and taking pictures instead of helping him go the right direction. What a mean mom.
I'll have you know though, that as soon as I was done being amused and taking pictures of his frustration, I picked him up and comforted him. I had too, he's too adorable. I can't help it.

And that's the scooting report for today.

4 comments:

K said...

Oh, I can't, can't, can't sleep. But reading this made me laugh. Really giggle. It's so funny, the way he disappears so gradually, helplessly, sadly behind the couch. Sorry Sandy. It's just so much like my life -

Grampa Guy said...

Good job capturing the slow -mo action.

Give him a hug for us.

DAd

Marilyn said...

This is so cute I can't stand it! He is so, so mad about it, and so _offended_ that you are allowing it! Babies are the best.

Murphy said...

Oh, cute, poor baby! I love that little guy! He's normally so happy. Give him zerberts!