Wednesday, August 17, 2011

::another first::

max first day 2011
I need to remind myself in the future not to schedule Kris hospital cases on the first day of school. With hospital cases Kris has to be out of the house before 6:30AM. So obviously I accidentally did that this year and it was kind of a bummer. Because of course, no matter how early I got up, we had to be late because of a battle. This particular battle was over what shoes to wear. Max wanted to wear his stinky Keens and I wanted him to wear normal shoes so nobody would think he had bad hygiene right off the bat.
Anyway, we resolved it eventually, and got through the breakfast battle. We made it into the car and then were absolutely fine until we got to school and realized that to get a parking space we'd have to park two blocks away and walk. That's pretty fun with a 25 lb baby to haul around.

But the good stuff for the day? Max's new teacher seems really nice. He's in a real classroom when a lot of the other grades are in portables because of school construction. There are a few nice kids in his class that he knows from last year.
The best news? We got him there and we all survived.

And the very best news is that he had a really fun day. YAY!!!
First day

1 comment:

K said...

Good pictures. He almost looks like a completely sane, clean child. But the boyness shines through, as it always does. And he's a little squid himself. SO GREAT that he had a good day. And that you survived. And I liked all the other first pictures, but I don't know it they're still there or what. I'm going to take a shower. Not my first day, but the first of the rest of my life - so I better stick those stinky horse manure shoes away =