We'll see how long it takes to get this dang baby here. But in the meantime, here are a couple of things just for fun.
1. Kris did his first hospital case out here in NM. We bought all the equipment, got him credentialed at the hospital and actually got a patient who wanted to go in right away. His case went awesome last week--being in the operating room totally intimidated the assistants, but they can't wait to do it again.

Kris's most favorite part though turned out to be the physician's lounge, free lunch and the 25 cent soda machine. There are some perks to being a doctor I guess.
2. We got a babysitter and went out this last weekend. And though we didn't pick a great movie to go to, our dinner was awesome and finished with an ice cream baked potato. If you haven't ever had one then you're definitely missing out. It was fabulous. Cowgirl BBQ anyone?


In the meantime we're just waiting for the baby to come. Our sister in law Lechelle came out with her little guy to help out--we were assuming we would actually HAVE the baby at some point--and so we've been having a good time hanging out. I just keep trying to plan stuff to do and stay busy so that the baby will be encouraged to show up at some inconvenient time. Hasn't worked yet. We'll see!

***Update;
I think I need to explain a bit about what exactly the ice cream baked potato is. It is just so cool. It's vanilla ice cream all rolled in cocoa (I think) So that's what makes it look like a potato to begin with. Then it's got some nice frozen cream on top for the sour cream, then some pecans or maybe pralines or something on top for the chives, and the butter pat I think is frosting (the butter pat was the only thing that wasn't totally delicious.)
So come visit us and have one!!!



5 comments:
That potato scares me...just a little. Was it good? I'm sure it was.
Yes! Yes! Stay busy! It won't be long...
It's inevitable, it has to happen sometime.
Hope that baby comes very soon. And that baked potato reminds me of the time I made dessert nachos. I don't know if I'll ever live it down but it sure did look fun. I'm just not sure what the baked potato thing actually was. I even went to the menu to see if I could get some details.
What's that saying....Good things come to those who eat potato ice cream? This baby will be done to perfection!
Mmmm...I love the potato ice cream! I use to get them all the time at the annual Idaho fair, and they were always soooo delicious. I hope this baby comes soon for you guys.
Okay. I will. How about Monday? I think what Emily says is very funny and real-= it scares me, too.
Post a Comment