Sunday, October 24, 2010

::spooky box::

20101024-20101024-IMG_2170
Max came home with a special homework assignment last week. He was supposed to come up with some sort of "spooky box" to display in his classroom during halloween week. It was supposed to be a diorama in a shoebox, using whatever materials he wanted.
So Max and I brainstormed and came up with what I think is a pretty good idea. A spooky ocean box.
We painted our shoebox last night and then this afternoon all three of us worked together to make spooky cranky ocean animals.
Then I glued everything into place.
20101024-20101024-IMG_2169
(Max is working on some other self-directed project here. Suddenly plenty to do when there's homework!!)
Here's the box, I think it turned out super fun looking.
20101024-20101024-IMG_2173
I like the two headed snakes slithering along the ocean floor amid Kris's seaweed.20101024-20101024-IMG_2178
I'm frightened of this shark--he looks like he would easily bite somebody's leg off. And you can't see the fish he's chasing very well, but that poor fish looks pretty dismayed.
20101024-20101024-IMG_2180
An awesome group of ghostly jellyfish.
20101024-20101024-IMG_2174
Snakes hiding behind the anemones.

Successfully (and definitely oddly) spooky I think. He turns it in tomorrow, I think his teacher will like it! She'd better anyway.

4 comments:

K said...

I love it very much. Very much. Love, love, love. I love the colors and the sparkle, and the ghost jelly fish and the mean shark and the distressed fish. I love this tons and tons. YAY Max. Yay Mom and Dad. It's a beautiful, terrifying box, and I will probably never swim in the ocean again. Or at least, not in THAT ocean.

Grampa Guy said...

Wonderful piece of work---and deliciously described.

Love you all

Hang on

Dad

Katie Gee said...

I like the 2 headed snake. This project turned out great! His teacher WILL love it. How could she not?

Rachel said...

I think his teacher WILL like it! I bet this is the best and most creative. Well done!

Did she like it??