Tuesday, October 26, 2010

::only in NM::

We were driving home from "town" the other day and came across this scene right before we were about to turn onto our little road.
20101016-IMG_0561
Standoff between Fedex truck and cowboys with a herd of goats. (Imagine that whistling standoff music from The Good The Bad & The Ugly right here.)
Have any of the rest of youguys ever run into a situation like this?
20101016-IMG_0560
At some point the Fedex truck made it through, and we drove a little closer to have a look. Sultan was with us in the back and he got really upset with the goats running everywhere.
20101016-IMG_0564
20101016-IMG_0563
I think that the goat herd is in our neighborhood in order to "organically" crop the community land. Can't think of something much more organic than a goat.
20101016-IMG_0568
20101016-IMG_0567
Go goats! Eat the weeds! But look out for Sultan, because he's the troll under the bridge and he'll eat you up.

5 comments:

Ken Hendricks said...

I think that's very cool. I have encountered sheep herds in the Utah desert but to have them up close is way better. LUCKY!

Megan said...

goats are extremely organic. ha ha. my cousin in santa fe actually used to be in a "goat share" program where she was assigned a particular goat to milk once a week and she got to keep the milk. Doesn't sound like a very good deal to me, but i've never tried goat milk. ;-)

K said...

Have I mentioned the fact that I LOVE your header? Love the box, but LOVE the header. I am very familiar with goats, having lived right across the fence from the ladies for over three years now. Loudest whiners on the planet, but friendly as dogs - and more useful; Sultan, you may have to remind him, does not give milk. And he'd make a lousy troll - way too hopeful-faced and charming, that boy. We've been stuck in sheep herds, driving across the South West before. And once got stuck because of Buffalo - but we were not, we found, the kind of people who then get out of the car and walk right up to the beasts with a camera. I know that you shot that image out the window - a goat can accelerate from 0 to 60 in under a second, but their horns are pointed in a different direction.

EM said...

Bahahaha!!

Rachel said...

Not goats! But cattle, horses, sheep, and the occasional duck! :D