Thursday, October 21, 2010

::fun run::

This is another post filled with content from back when Cammon & Lorri were here--a month ago now!
So anyway, it's fun stuff so I can't just skip over it.
Max's new school is kind of like a neighborhood school. Like a neighborhood school that also services a bunch of other little towns around where we live. It has an interesting small community feel while really being a huge school with tons of kids. I mean, there are four 1st grade classes, and each class has at least 20 kids in it--usually a few more.

So anyway, we think that getting involved with his school is a very good idea for lots of reasons, not least because there are lots of little mouths going there that probably need some sort of dental help (a good amount of them are already coming to our office, so that's fun).

Every year Max's new school hosts an event called the "Fun Run." Everybody gets together, runs/walks a 5K or a 1 mile and then eats breakfast in the gym. I heard about this from one of the moms before the year even started and I thought at that point that if a sponsorship was needed, the office should get in on it!

So we did.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2071
See us down there on the bottom right? Dentistry for Kids!!
It's really fun to be on these shirts because the school allows kids to wear the shirts as part of the regular dress code (otherwise all they can wear are plain polo shirts and stuff with only the school logo on it.) So we see kids in the shirts all the time. Yay!!

The Fun Run was saturday morning, and it was a little tough for us to get everybody out of the house early enough to have a good buffer--we ran into closed roads and as a result were late. Barely late, like one minute, but the rest of the crowd was already on their way when we started.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2051
Pinning on numbers.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2052
There go Max and Kris trying to catch up--until Max pooped out. Wimpy wimpy wimpy. I don't think Max will be joining the cross country team anytime too soon.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2053

But you know who wasn't wimpy? Little Scooter! He ran and ran the whole way. Check out the below picture. He is literally flying.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2054-1
And his run is so funny--I'm scared the whole time he's going to fall on his face. He runs kind of all tipped over high on his toes. It's nerve racking!
20100925-20100925-IMG_2058
There came the fast guys back around the bend to meet us.
Then went on to the finish line.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2061
20100925-20100925-IMG_2060
Baby Ann just hung out in the stroller and tried to keep her eyes out of the sun--not too easy to do out here.

Our little group came in very very last. We don't care but it was kind of funny.
The breakfast was delicious--yummy breakfast burritos with eggs and sausage and green chiles. Mmmm.
20100925-20100925-IMG_2067
20100925-20100925-IMG_2072
20100925-20100925-IMG_2074
Max even ate some!

It's fun to have community things like this to get involved in--personally and business wise too. I was really excited when the next week we got an excellent new patient in the office directly from our Fun Run advertising. Yay hooray!

1 comment:

K said...

I love this. I love the feeling of community. And Scooters run scared me to death - like you said, literally flying. I just think the whole deal is so cool. And MAX IS A WIMP. He wimped out on our morning walks too. I think I'm going to get him a cattle prod for Christmas. But he looks GREAT in the shirt!!! YAY!!!!