Ready for a little retrospective? This is especially for Kris since he's in RI and we're in UT. He missed out on our little birthday activities today--even though we had the real party and festivities on saturday. Anyway, here's a fun (quick) little trip down memory lane. These pictures should be all on his birthday, except the first one.
0 years old:

(awwww, so fresh and new!!)
1 year old:

2 years old:

3 years old:

4 years old:

5 years old:

And 6 years old!!!!! (this picture is from the party, not from today, but that's ok)

Happy birthday to my little boy!!!! Even though he told me I ruined his birthday because I yelled at him for being disobedient. Unfortunately I had to destroy his conviction that birthdays=no problems, consequences or discipline. "That's not the way it works! You shouldn't yell at me on my birthday." I told him he shouldn't be a bum on his birthday.
Isn't it fun to be the mom? Sometimes so rewarding, sometimes so frustrating.
But anyway, we had a fun day and I don't think it was really ruined.



7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAXXXXX!!!! You are darling. It was so fun to celebrate with you on Saturday. Hope your day was totally awesome -- and I'm sure your mom didn't ruin it. That's impossible!
ps: I love Derek's face in the last picture... helping with the candles and all. He's been talking about his birthday all week... I think I just made the connection!
You are a lovely mom. He is a lovely boy. Only someone with great promise could be so interesting as Max is. We love to have you here. It will feel very different to have you closer - so much more possible. Present. I can get to you in a day if I have to. You are so precious to us. So very, very precious.
Happy B-day Max. Gosh-he's such a cute kid.
Naw! You didn't ruin his day because you are such a good mom! You are helping shape him into the man he is going to be someday and someday......he'll thank you. If not, Auntie Rachel will beat his bum! :D
He has been super cute from the very beginning! Happy Birthday, Max!
Oh, he's a cutie, indeed. Happy birthday to your handsome boy!
Ha! I remember having the same conversation with Abe one year. "Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you get to be mean to your brothers and boss them around." It's a mark of your good mom-ness that you can tell him that, right? :) Happy Birthday, cute Max! Can't wait to meet the guy!
Post a Comment