It was basically a Star Wars themed party.
Max was thrilled. He couldn't even wait until 4PM when everybody was supposed to come.

(yay!! yay!! birthday stuff!!)
I made him a banner--the drawings on either side are his renderings of R2D2 and R4 (or whoever the red R2D2 is.)

Max had fun playing with his cousin Jennifer. They're a good age to hang out together.

We had some fun present opening time (thanks everybody!!) and then we went outside to break the pinata!! What's a birthday without a pinata, right?
And it's even a star, which sort of fits the "theme".
We started out hitting it with a croquet mallet.


Some of the little guys weren't entirely sure if it was ok to raise the mallet above their knees, but Derek was cool with it.

Somebody decided that the mallet wasn't good enough, so we moved to the nerf bat.

Really, these store bought pinatas are basically indestructible. I remember a few homemade ones that were pretty tough to break too though.
Anyway.


Big strong Parker managed to knock the pinata off it's little hanger. So Kris pierced it with his garden rake and the show went on.

THEN, that same somebody decided we weren't making enough progress STILL, and so went and found a crowbar. (A crowbar!??! Yes, that's what I said, kids trying to hit a pinata with a crowbar, yikes.)

Luckily it didn't take very long to demolish the thing with the crowbar.
And out came the goodies.

Robots and treats.

Then we went in for some singing and some cake. It's always nice to feel like the star when everybody sings to you. Well, except for me, I'm always embarrassed. I don't think Max has that problem though.

(good singing Charlotte!!!)

(I love all the little helpers watching so closely at Max's side)

Hooray!!!
Then we moved on to the next and last activity......to come later......



3 comments:
Looks like a fun party!
I still marvel at how Star Wars can STILL be cool, 30 years later.
A crowbar? wow.
Wish we could have been there!
How gorgeous that shot of Derrick and the robot is. That was a great party. Kathy is such a great girl, and the house was lovely, and the kids were good, and so was the food. It was a happy time, except for the bit about the crowbar, which I opted to miss most of by going back into the house and cowering behind the cake. Or what was left of it. And it was cold out there. And you forgot to mention the lizards. And nobody gave me a robot.
Drat.
Post a Comment