So at the end of the week on an afternoon Max's school held a halloween parade. We live relatively close to his school, a little more than a mile away. So we often walk there. We walked to the parade, and met our friends Melissa and Grant halfway there so they could enjoy the festivities too.
And since I had the camera with me I took advantage. The leaves are so pretty right now.




Here's my usual view when walking to school. Max in the stroller, covered with a snuggly blanket.

He usually rides when we walk to school. But sometimes when we're not under time constraints he walks. He's just not much of a fast walker.
And we met Melissa and Grant. It was a really nice day.

A nice day to hang out with good friends.
And there we were at the school. The kids were running around, crazy with enthusiasm and excitement.

Max was inspired by our silly halloween movie and decided to be a wizard for the remaining festivities, instead of a giraffe. I think I already said that before. Anyway, because of the movie he had the impression that wizards went around with their hoods covering their faces. Of course that isn't true, but because of the movie now he doesn't believe me. Mostly I'm afraid he's just going to run into something and hurt himself. But I'm always worried about that.


Grant was fascinated by all the kids running around. He loves to watch Max, and the additional kids were just as fun.

He's so cute.
We finally all got organized and stomped/ran/noodled around the block. Max yelled "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" at the top of his lungs most of the way.
There were lots of fun costumes, but one of my favorites was this cute little snake.

Pretty amazing costume.
I tried to talk Max into wearing his pirate beard, or a wizard hat or something else fun. But he's not really into any of that stuff, so he was just the wizard with a robot sweatshirt. Whatever makes him happy.

We ended the fun with a few doughnut holes, or "munchkins" which is what they call them out here. Then we walked home. It was a good day.



5 comments:
Oh I can't get over the trees! They are gorgeous!
Max is so cute. I love him walking around like some weird face-covered monk. :) I love the trees, too! Wow! So lovely!
That was fun, and such a nice day! It was fun to see Max in his element, running around and shouting "Happy Halloween." Usually when we see him he's just with adults and that's no fun :)
Theese little days at school like the Halloween parade will stick with him from now on. I remember my halloween parades they were so fun. But my mom never came and never took pictures. So Max will appritiate you for doing that.
Max picked a good costume. Wizards are powerful. And so are robot sweatshirts.
Post a Comment