Sunday, November 23, 2008

::grandpa guy=eggs for breakfast::

At least if you ask Max.
Before my parents came I had a talk with Max about some things he might like to do with them. First on his list was "Eat eggs for breakfast every day!"
Yes, the poor deprived boy gets fed oatmeal almost every day of the week. Nice fresh oatmeal with strawberries or raspberries and cream and honey on it. Lame, right? No wonder he's always crying about how he wants cereal or eggs.
Anyway. That's not the topic here.

When my dad comes to visit he makes eggs. He came and stayed with us for about two weeks in 2007 while Kris went on a dental humanitarian mission to Nicaragua. My Dad and Max made tons and tons of eggs for breakfast.

See?
20070326-IMG_0760.JPG

20070326-IMG_0762.JPG
That's when it started.  Max loved helping--I wasn't letting him help in the kitchen much at that point.
Later when we would visit my parents, my dad would make sure Max got eggs to eat in the morning.

He visited again in March of this year for a week. They made more eggs. I didn't get any pictures of the egg making, but I did get this photo, which I think makes up for it.
20080324-IMG_3981.JPG

Anyway. The whole point of this is, that Max loves to make eggs with my dad. And he loves to eat them. When my parents were here last week they made eggs a whole bunch. He was in heaven.
20081118-IMG_8094.JPG
And the older he gets, the more involved he gets to be. He's actually stirring the eggs nowadays.
20081118-IMG_8093.JPG
He's very serious about his job, and very careful of the burners.
20081118-IMG_8095.JPG
I like to see them working together. It's so fun.

And somehow his eggs ended up looking like a Land Rover at breakfast one morning. Do you see it? I barely do.
20081118-IMG_8096.JPG
He's a funny kid, with a funny Grandpa. We like them both.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love making eggs with Max. He's getting good at it. On he last day of our trip we didn't have quite enough time for eggs because we were walking to school, so I make him eat Rice Krispies, even though he was petitioning me for eggs. Bummer.
I hadn't heard that snap, crackle, and pop for years.

Love to you all

Grampa Guy

K said...

Hey! Me too. I make eggs with Max too. Who taught him to BREAK EGGS INTO A BOWL, I WANT TO KNOW??? That was me, that was. And look what came of it - cupcakes!!! HA!

Rachel said...

Great......the grandparents are fighting.... :o)

Don't worry Ginna, my kids have been living on oatmeal and cream of wheat for years. They whine, they cry, they beg, but I aint having any of it. EAT YOUR MUSH! MUSH MUSH MUSH YOU LAND LUBBERS!!!

It is good for them. Helps them build character and puts hair on their chests....except Kirsten......someday I'll tell her it'll make her chest bigger. :o) But not for a couple more years....

Then again.....I grew up on mush.....wonder what went wrong......

Lorena said...

I love eggs, but only one out of my 4 kids really likes them. So I got sick of how expencive cold cereal got and started making pancakes every morning. It lasted a year then we went back to cold cereal and toast! But your oatmeal sounds yummy berries and cream what could be better. Lehi Roller Mill has a delious strawberry cream of wheat. We give it to friends out of state and they love it!

Marilyn said...

We are an oatmeal family, too. I love it. (My dad always made us oatmeal, and I didn't love it then---but I think I make it better) :) It's funny, by the way, that you made brownies for the game. We did too! The idea was that they would help console us if necessary. And they were really good, but . . . I don't think anything could really have consoled us. And now, that subject is hereby closed for the next year or so. :(

No Big Dill said...

Hey, Ginna,
I was wondering how you store al your photos. Do you just use Flicker for all of them or do you store them both on your computer and Flicker? I have thousands of photos and they're taking up too much memory on my computer. Ideas? Suggestions?