Tuesday, November 25, 2008

::coolness::

Back when I was in high school there were times that I thought I was awfully cool.
One of these times was after I saw how this picture turned out.
old school.jpg
Obviously somebody else took this picture, but it was my idea.
And I'm just so edgy, right? So artsy. It's mostly the braces and the National Honor Society sweatshirt--oh, and the chewed off silver nail polish.  I was cool.  
What happened?  Ah well, that's a subject for another day.

Anyway, the other day we were at the dog park, and suddenly there was a photo op.
20081102-IMG_7800.JPG
Look familiar?
20081102-IMG_7797.JPG
How about now?
What's that saying--Like mother like son? Hmmm, I actually don't think that's a saying, is it?
20081102-IMG_7801.JPG
All he needs is some braces and some nail polish and he'd be set for life in coolness.
How can he help being cool? He's my kid.

8 comments:

K said...

Wonderful. I actually laughed out loud. Dad is here. I'll show everybody when Nova's over. I love these shots so much. And actually, you WERE very cool. Oh - wait. YOU STILL ARE!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you both are the epitome of coolness

Love you

Dad

Bryce said...

Clay had T-Shirts made when he was in NHS. "Nerds in High School." So, yes, you were much cooler than him.

Love the first picture of Max. It's awesome.

Rachel said...

Ginna, I just love your blog you know that? It is so refreshing to come and visit every day. The photo's you take, the way you write, the black and white....it feels clean. I like that.

I wuv yur bloggy woggy! And you are STILL cool! So's Max!

carie said...

sweet smile brace face.

K said...

From your Grandfather:

Very effective little bit of history. Wish you were here. You were pretty in that picture. Note: from me(mom) Dad was sad that you were making fun of your young intensity, because intensity is good.

Kathy said...

Fun memories that is for sure. You both look adorable. Also thanks for the video of Max. I loved it.

Megan said...

you were so cool. and thanks for sending that picture to remind me when I was cool. I loved when you were in photo class--you took some good pics. plus it was nice for me to have a friend with a camera around campus. remember when I bribed you to give me that photo of David Adams?