Wednesday, November 12, 2008

::ballet class::

20081029-IMG_7597-pola.jpg
As some of you know, Max is in a ballet class right now. There's a ballet academy about 4 blocks down from our house. It's really close and easy to walk to, and so when I found out that they offered a class for 4 and 5 year olds we decided to try it.

The last class of each term is "observation week" where everybody can come and watch class and enjoy the compete silliness/chaos that is a class full of small children, mostly in tutus.

So of course I brought my camera!
20081029-IMG_7564.JPG
Max was pretty excited that I was there to watch and didn't want to pay attention to the teacher.

Finally he got to stretching.
20081029-IMG_7568.JPG

20081029-IMG_7569.JPG
He's not the most flexible guy you'll ever meet, but he tries.
20081029-IMG_7575.JPG

20081029-IMG_7574.JPG
Watching his attempts to do these stretches was pretty hilarious and definitely entertaining. It wasn't just him though--check out the little girl in blue back by the teacher.
20081029-IMG_7570.JPG
He calls this one the "sideways H." I think he's pretty good at it.
20081029-IMG_7577.JPG
Not exactly sure what's going on here, but it's fun.

20081029-IMG_7581.JPG
Then they lined up to do some skipping. Well it's a sort of a line anyway.
20081029-IMG_7587.JPG
Max's skipping was as if he was pretending to be an elephant. The floor almost shook as he skipped by. You can see in the picture how flat his feet were as he went by. It was hilarious.
20081029-IMG_7595.JPG
Then they did some sort of goofy thing like musical chairs but with hula hoops on the floor. They all ended up in one great big one. It was all happy until one little girl put her fingers under the hoop and another little girl stomped on the hoop for a while.
And yes, there is another little boy in his class. Somehow.

They ended up by pretending to be animals or something with little headbands. Luckily Max got to be a frog rather than a fairy princess. He did a great job leaping across the floor. I was proud of my little frog.
20081029-IMG_7599.JPG

20081029-IMG_7603.JPG

20081029-IMG_7597.JPG

9 comments:

Aaron said...

These pictures are priceless. I can already see the look on his future father-in-law's face! Thanks for the chuckle. I think that the teacher is a little bit too into it...

Rachel said...

How adorable and delightful! I love the froggy eyes. Max makes a cute frog.

Megan said...

So cute. He has really good odds with the ladies.

K said...

Yeah - where else is a guy going to find odds like that? USE THE SPACE, MAX - leap! leap!!

carie said...

you guys are so rich. I looked into sending isobel to that ballet school. If it is the same one I am thinking of (festival), it is supposedly kind of famous and super expensive.

His class looks better than Isobel's $25/mo United Dance class. She doesn't seem to do much but balance beanbags on her head and clap off beat to "A Tootie Tot".

Where is his girly black ballet slippers?

Melissa Abby said...

The next Billy Elliot!

Kathy said...

I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was reading this. Max is so cute and it is just so funny to see how all boy he is compared to all the cute little girls in the tutus. That is great that you got to go and watch and get such good pics. I love the frog eyes too.

Lorena said...

Hey that is great that Max is enjoying the class. It will be interesting to see if he wants to continue. At least he isn't shy to move around and dance, thats great for a boy!

Lisa said...

These photos bring such a smile to my face...and I don't know if it's because of all the cute girls in pink tutu's or the fact that Max is in a ballet class, or the fact that kids are just so cute. I love it, and way to go Max for being a real man and learning to leap!