Monday, August 04, 2008

.::Big Haircut(s)::.

Pre:
20080801-IMG_6129.jpg

Post:
20080801-IMG_6133.JPG

We have a barbershop one door down from our house. It's a father son place and they've been there for 30 years. Kris needed a haircut, and Max was starting be blinded by his bangs, so Saturday morning we thought we'd give the barber(s) a try. Max was done by the dad and Kris was done by the son. The dad is probably like 80 and the son is probably around 60.

They give old school barber type haircuts, obviously!!
It was fun, they were super nice and Max was SO good. They used the clippers on him, and the vacumn and he hardly even flinched. He got a tootsie pop afterwards too, which made everything worth it.

Actually, the haircuts look good when they're not combed in quite such an extreme way. If I could've gotten a picture today or yesterday of the two boys I would've. They both look cute.

Kris looks super cranky in the first picture because the brake sensor switch or something like that decided to wear out in our only car. Which means it wouldn't shift out of park. He ordered the new part on thursday night--overnight, but of course turns out it wasn't going to be delivered until monday (today). We wanted to go have fun on saturday, but were stuck home. No beach. Bummer.
But luckily we live within walking distance of lots of stuff. So we still had a fun day. We walked a whole bunch around our area and got some lunch and did a little grocery shopping at a local market (not really local to us, but local to the area).

We got the part for the car today and Kris fixed the problem in about 10 minutes. It was amazing. It's nice to have something small and fixable go wrong once in a while. Hopefully I don't speak too soon!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Max's faces just crack me up! And they're always different. ahahaha
Congratulations on the haircuts and reading progress!

K said...

Please. Take the other picture. The one that shows they are still - with hair. I need it. Really.

carie said...

Did Kris start crying when he looked in the mirror after the barber was done?

{Erica} said...

hair cuts look great! you have some handsome boys in your little family.

Aaron said...

I'm not sure what to say about the comb over look... I was getting used to the biker dude look! No wonder Max is smiling, there's a tootsie pop in his hand in the second picture! We miss you guys and look forward to updates on your blog.

Rachel said...

Whoa! I don't think I've EVER seen both boys with such short hair!

My boys all got their hair hacked this week too....cept by me....which would be the reason that my punks always wear hats....... :o)

Dave said...

My boys' haircuts consist of a pair of clippers and a #2 guard. I think yours would flip out about that.

It's good to see you guys. I hope all is well.

Lisa said...

Wow, those are some serious haircuts. I don't think I have seen Kris's hair that short since the buzz cut of the early '90's. It looks good though! I just love your photos...I could look at them all day!

Amanda D said...

They both look great. My FIL couldn't figure out why I didn't want a vacuum when we put my salon in our last house. I'm not a fan of vacuuming someone. :)