Monday, October 29, 2007

Pumpkin Cookies

Last year Max and I made some delicious halloween sugar cookies. I thought it would be really fun before we started, naively, but unfortunately it turned into a pretty big ordeal. You know, flour all over everything, cookie cutters spilling to the floor and getting all smushed in with sugary sprinkles and frosting and dogs running around and etc. etc.
But the cookies looked great, and tasted great even though the dog ate about half of them when we left to trick or treat.
We were looking at pictures the other day and Max saw the cookie pictures and told me that he wanted to make pumpkin cookies again. So I was brave and told him we could do it. We did it on friday and we had lots of fun! It may be our new family tradition. Max cut most of the cookies out and helped me roll out the dough. He was a great help. These cookies ended up being whole wheat sugar cookies because it turned out that's the only flour we had. Sounds weird but they ended up tasting great.
We ate them. All of them.

8 comments:

Murphy said...

Gin! that's so sweet! I really love the bottom picture. The light on Max's face is awesome.
It reminds me of the tons of sugar cookies Mom used to make with us at christmas.
:)

{Erica} said...

mmmmm cookies! I can't wait to make them with the girls tomorrow!! Such a fun tradition for you guys...are you going to use wheat every year? that should be part of the tradition :).

Kathy said...

I want some of those cookies. They probably have no calories with all that whole wheat flour. Yum. Max looks like he was a bit more helpful this year too. It is a fun tradition.

Tiffany said...

How fun! and yummy! I swear- I've eaten way too much sugar, but I guess that's what you do when the holidays come! :) MMMM I made more Monster Cupcakes today...(note the "more" in that sentence!)

Anonymous said...

thanks, sultan and i loved them.

K said...

You look beautiful. Glad I wasn't there. I would have fought Sultan for the cookies.

Anonymous said...

Ginna

Your pumkin hunt looks like it was fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures. And way to go being brave and making cookies with Max again. Now if you only do it one more time Max will grow up saying "We always made cookies at Halloween"

Love to you all

Dad

Kris said...

Max found an old broken piece of cookie out on the front porch yesterday and he tried to eat it. Ginna stopped him before he did and he cried for about 1/2 hour. Then, first thing this morning, Max wakes up and runs into the kitchen to start digging through the trash. He tells me, "I need to find my cookie and eat it."