Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Punkin Patch

On Saturday we headed out to the pumpkin patch by our old house to get some punkins we could carve. There weren't very many big pumpkins left out in the fields, but we went out searching anyway. There were a lot of little ones lying around and Max enjoyed picking out a few for us to take home. We ended up with some great pumpkiny pumpkins. Here are some photos for everybody to enjoy if they choose to do so.
Max wasn't too keen about riding in the wheelbarrow at first, but he got used to it after a while. Kris didn't dump him out, although for a while it was touch and go.You can't really see too well in this picture, but max is holding a "beebee (baby) pumpkin" It was teeny weeny and green. There were lots of cool weird gourds there too, like the one Kris is holding. The patch was so fun looking. I love these pictures.We got a tiny one, a small one and a funny green one for Max. And here Kris is holding ours. Isn't he tough? I found one with the coolest curlicues coming out of the stem, but of course on the way home the stem broke off. Oh well, isn't that how it always goes?
Long live the pumpkin patch. It's so fun that Max is finally getting old enough to catch on to what's going on and to participate.

3 comments:

K said...

That's what's so fun - when they get old enough to be part of things. Choosing a pumpkin is as difficult as choosing a Christmas tree. This year, I went to Finch's family farm only to find out that they aren't doing pumpkins this year - not selling out of the garage anyway. So I found another house where they were selling them. Since then, I've seen truck loads parked along the streets, people hawking their wares.

We didn't want any big ones this year - nobody's home to help, and I'm not in love with sticky pumpkin innards all over my arms. Besides, I love the pumpkins themselves - so I'm only carving a few and keeping the rest till Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Max is such a cute kid. He's so funny and adorable in the movies. It makes me jealous and want to have an older kid who can talk :).

Megan said...

But then older kids never shut up, Vhar. Trust me. I have 21 of them. :-) Max is a doll and the pumpkin adventure looks like it was fun and successful. I feel totally uncool because mine is the only blog lacking a pumpkin patch entry.