Most of you know that Max goes to preschool. He loves it. We have this great little school just a block away from our house called the Purple Dragon. He started going there a couple of months ago. It's a small school with no more than about 40 kids at any one time. The lady that runs it is very serious about learning, but so far she's done a great job combining learning and fun. He brought home a different art project every day during the summer.
Now that it's fall they've started in on their curriculum. For the kids Max's age it's the sounds in the alphabet.
Last week was A. Or aaahhhh I guess. They talked about apples and alligators and anteaters. They have a big bulletin board up on the wall of the school which has a big A and a little a in the middle, and then quite a few pictures pinned up illustrating a words. I took a quick look and saw an armadillo, a picture of the apostles, a big pile of aluminum, alligators, etc., etc....It's great.
Here's a picture of Max with his Aquarium he created during the week.
They eat snacks that fit in with the sound of the week too. Last week they ate acorn squash (Max supposedly asked for 2nds), asparagus and apples.
One day they talked about anteaters, which made Max happy since he has an anteater, which he loves.
Did you know that anteaters' tongues can be two feet long??



12 comments:
Max looks soo grownup in that first picture on the page. Time is passing too quickly. Looking forward to being with you in a couple of weeks
Love to you all
Grandpa Guy
Max is adorable! I love that he's going to preschool and learning so much! That's awesome! Do you get to go home soon? JEALOUS! Say Hi to my fam down the street...ha!
Ginny, that Max just gets cuter and cuter. I mean, every single day. I can't say that much for his poops, but the child himself is adorable. I can't believe all that kids are learning at preschool these days. And yet, when it gets to kindergarten there are those that don't know what a crayon is, and there are those that are reading Harry Potter. Good thing we like diversity. You are a good mommy.
Is that anteater related to us? I seem to sense a family resemblance. And Max does look older in that first picture. I'm glad that you're getting some time to focus while he's getting his mind filled up with letters.
I wish this thing had a spell checker.
love, Mom
I'm so glad Max likes his preschool. We just started Parkers this week, but he only hoes twice a week for 2 hrs each. Not quite as intense as Max's, but still fun. Looks like hes learning a lot!! We love you Max!!
Max is like a little boy...that is so weird! He is so cute! I love his wavy hair and big eyes...I bet the girls are already lining up at the door to be his friend. Sounds like it will be an exciting year learning all the letters of the alphabet!
Cute Cute Cute. What more can I say. That boy is so cute. He does look so grown up. I'm glad he likes school. I can't wait to see him. We are booking our trip this week. Love Kathy
What a great school! I loved the way you wrote this post. And your Max is soo darn cute...his hair is awwesome! Max is definetly a name we're looking at when or if we have a boy....which won't be for a while...i'm good with 2 for now :D. I can't wait to see what else Max learns....
Max is so dang cute!
He is super cute.
Oh my gosh--he looks SO much like us when we were little. :)
I can't believe how fast time is moving--it really doesn't feel that long ago that he was just the tiny infant that I would rock for a few hours so you could get some work done.
Tell Max his aquarium is genius! `^^'
I can't wait to see you guys. :)
He is so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment